Kimley-Horn and Associates

www.kimley-horn.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kimley-Horn and Associates

Fantastic Company for a college grad

Current Employee - Transportation Analyst
Current Employee - Transportation Analyst

I have been working at Kimley-Horn and Associates full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have been very satisfied with KHA. They are very willing to support students right out of school to integrate into the team quickly and always willing to teach new things and give more responsibility. The benefits are very good; the 401k plan matches 4% like everyone else, but they also do profit sharing which can be as much as 16% of your salary. On top of that you get an annual bonus, plus a mid year cost of living bonus! This company is going to take care of you, but you do have to work hard as well.,,,give to the company and it will give back.

Also, for young people the leadership opportunities are endless if you show an interest in it. I am so happy I choose Kimley-Horn!

Cons

You are going to spend a lot of late nights and a lot of emphasis put on "UT" which is utilization...percent of time you are billable to a client. If you have a family it can be tough to balance your work and home life, but its certainly possible.

Keep up with the employee recognition through profit sharing bonus programs!

175 Other Employee Reviews for Kimley-Horn and Associates (View Most Recent)

Berated despite excellent performance ratings

Former Employee - Regional in Roseville, CA
    Former Employee - Regional in Roseville, CA

I worked at Kimley-Horn and Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great retirement package. Colleagues were great to work with

Cons

Poor business practice. Outdated culture and discriminatory practices

Listen to your HR staff, discipline those who need it (such as unethical behavior) regardless of their years of service.

Great career opportunities

Former Employee - Associate Traffic Engineer in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Associate Traffic Engineer in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Kimley-Horn and Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great career opportunities if you put in the effort. It was obvious what you needed to do to move up within the company. I like the structure of a more corporate company, but still felt that I got the family feel of a smaller company within my office.

Cons

Don't have an open door policy. I felt that some things were very secretive when they shouldn't have been. I didn't like that you typically had one project manager and didn't get very many opportunities to work with other project managers/teams.

While there were many career opportunities, they often involved long working hours. It was hard to achieve a great work/life balance there.

Give younger staff more opportunities to work with multiple project managers and teams.

There are newer employer reviews for Kimley-Horn and Associates