Great work environment for young people.

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Engineer in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Kimley-Horn and Associates full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people. People are nice.

Cons

Not enough work. To go around.

Seek out more work.

Other Reviews for Kimley-Horn and Associates

Live to work... Or you're out!

Former Employee - Civil Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Civil Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Kimley-Horn and Associates full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Profit sharing and bonuses, and that's it.

Cons

Base pay is substandard with the promise that if you work hard you "may" receive a bonus to make up for it at the end of the year. Employees grind through a MINIMUM of 46 hours per week (many times 50+ hrs) with the thought of the gold at the end of the rainbow. As I've experienced over my 10 years with the company, after the higher-ups take their share there many times is little left for those who actually do the work.

Like I said, it is a KHA WRITTEN POLICY that you must work a MINIMUM of 46 hrs per week! Believe it!

I fit into the KHA mold and excelled, until I got married and had a child. Once I cut my hours back from 55-60 to 46 the system no longer worked for me. This is a VERY common problem here for employees with young families.

Health insurance is terrible. It was one of the first things that went down hill in the recession. I don't go to the doctor anymore because it's too expensive. Another example of management not willing to put their profits where they're needed the most.

Profitability can be a very good thing, but not at the expense of a vast majority of your employees' happiness. You will be losing a large number of your best employees this year and next due to the fact that upper management is not willing to make a compromise.

Fantastic Company for a college grad

Current Employee - Transportation Analyst
    Current Employee - Transportation Analyst

I have been working at Kimley-Horn and Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been very satisfied with KHA. They are very willing to support students right out of school to integrate into the team quickly and always willing to teach new things and give more responsibility. The benefits are very good; the 401k plan matches 4% like everyone else, but they also do profit sharing which can be as much as 16% of your salary. On top of that you get an annual bonus, plus a mid year cost of living bonus! This company is going to take care of you, but you do have to work hard as well.,,,give to the company and it will give back.

Also, for young people the leadership opportunities are endless if you show an interest in it. I am so happy I choose Kimley-Horn!

Cons

You are going to spend a lot of late nights and a lot of emphasis put on "UT" which is utilization...percent of time you are billable to a client. If you have a family it can be tough to balance your work and home life, but its certainly possible.

Keep up with the employee recognition through profit sharing bonus programs!

There are newer employer reviews for Kimley-Horn and Associates.

Worked for Kimley-Horn and Associates? Contribute to the Community!