There are newer employer reviews for Kimley-Horn and Associates

An opportunity to grow and pursue your desires throughout a long rewarding career for the benefit of your family.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Vero Beach, FL
Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Vero Beach, FL

I have been working at Kimley-Horn and Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, you have the opportunity to become a practice builder, serving the type of clients and projects you want throughout your career. You are rewarded for excellent client service and profitable work. You control your own destiny; you have the opportunity to become a partner. The benefits are excellent, and even though my wife has worked throughout her career also, KHA gave me the ability to raise a family, taking care of all health issues, and put 4 children through college. After working hard during my career, we will retire comfortably and enjoy life, volunteering to help others as we choose.

Cons

You must learn and work hard at striving for a balance between work and family life; it has been and it always will be a struggle; and everyone deals with it differently. While KHA promotes that each should be aware and maintain a balance, it can easily become blurred. Success and rewards can breed pride and greed. The family life can become stressful more than it already would be normally. The culture of high expectations of excellent quality and service, makes you more aware that we are surrounded by worldview culture of people who expect nothing more than average. This is disappointing.

Advice to Management

Don't loose the culture of our core purpose and values. Promote, celebrate and reward selflessness and selfless leadership. Equip employees to maintain a balance in their life, and discourage greed and prideful behavior.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Lots of opportunity for staff at all levels to chart their own course.

Current Employee - Project Manager/Associate in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager/Associate in San Antonio, TX

Pros

The people I work with are second to none both personally and professionally and make coming to work a joy. In addition at all points in your career you are given the latitude to make what you want of your future.

Cons

With great opportunities come great responsibility so working hard and doing a good job the first time is necessary to be successful here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and continue to empower our employees to succeed.

2. Like having your own firm, with none of the headaches.

Current Employee - Civil Engineer in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Civil Engineer in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Kimley-Horn and Associates full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Hot total compensation and bonus program. Hire top-tier talent so the pool is exceptionally strong. Very entrepreneurial environment - you have the freedom to chase down whatever kind of work you enjoy. Business leadership and business core skills are a fundamental focus. Single profit center so you don't need to snipe with your co-workers for resources or projects.

Cons

Highly competitive, results driven environment, which is not for everybody.