There are newer employer reviews for Kimley-Horn and Associates

An opportunity to grow and pursue your desires throughout a long rewarding career for the benefit of your family.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Vero Beach, FL
Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Vero Beach, FL

I have been working at Kimley-Horn and Associates full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, you have the opportunity to become a practice builder, serving the type of clients and projects you want throughout your career. You are rewarded for excellent client service and profitable work. You control your own destiny; you have the opportunity to become a partner. The benefits are excellent, and even though my wife has worked throughout her career also, KHA gave me the ability to raise a family, taking care of all health issues, and put 4 children through college. After working hard during my career, we will retire comfortably and enjoy life, volunteering to help others as we choose.

Cons

You must learn and work hard at striving for a balance between work and family life; it has been and it always will be a struggle; and everyone deals with it differently. While KHA promotes that each should be aware and maintain a balance, it can easily become blurred. Success and rewards can breed pride and greed. The family life can become stressful more than it already would be normally. The culture of high expectations of excellent quality and service, makes you more aware that we are surrounded by worldview culture of people who expect nothing more than average. This is disappointing.

Don't loose the culture of our core purpose and values. Promote, celebrate and reward selflessness and selfless leadership. Equip employees to maintain a balance in their life, and discourage greed and prideful behavior.

161 Other Employee Reviews for Kimley-Horn and Associates (View Most Recent)

Freedom to create an individual practice supported by incredible resources.

Pros

Kimley-Horn has incredible resources available to support our individual practices with talented and accomplished partners across a wide range of specialty niches. Ownership is spread across a wide cross-section of active professionals and shares rewards and benefits equitably across all employees. Even though Kimley-Horn has grown to a significant national firm, it has maintained the freedom and culture of a small firm.

Cons

Kimley-Horn sets high goals and requires extra effort to achieve the highest levels of success.

Hired in 1998, been working here and loving it ever since.

Current Employee - Practice Builder, Vice President in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Practice Builder, Vice President in Tallahassee, FL

Pros

I am able to do what ever I want so long as its in our values coral. This is an incentive based company that rewards based on my contribution. We work hard because we want to. As a result, this is a highly productive and very positive environment. In return, KH gives back to its employees in many ways including unannounced bonuses and other perks that really make you feel appreciated.

Cons

The only real challenge here is one that I control and must keep in check which is maintaining a good work/life balance. Like I said, we work hard because we want to, not because a supervisor is requiring us to. As a result, we are sometimes challenged to keep a healthy work balance with our personal lives. Its something that we all work on but frankly a nice vacation solves that every time.

Keep doing what you're doing. It works. Keep the focus on high ethical values which is one of the things that helps us grow and attract the best in the industry. Keep the focus on practice. We in practice like being fully supported by our leadership and other support staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Kimley-Horn and Associates