Kimley-Horn and Associates

There are newer employer reviews for Kimley-Horn and Associates

Challenging and Rewarding

Current Employee - Practice Builder in Reston, VA
Current Employee - Practice Builder in Reston, VA

I have been working at Kimley-Horn and Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunities for professionals and support staff, if you have the ambition and motivation you can do very well here. Work is very interesting and attracts very smart and entrepreneurial people, management does a good job of empowering and motivating staff and creating a culture for people to thrive.

Cons

Because Kimley-Horn is run as a profitable business, metrics for utilization, revenue and profitability are measured, and people are held accountable to goals so slackers will likely not do well here.

Emphasis on professional staff doing all facets of consulting (management, marketing, recruiting in addition to providing professional services) should broaden to include technical specialists who are recognized industry experts who may want to concentrate on the production side of consulting..

171 Other Employee Reviews for Kimley-Horn and Associates (View Most Recent)

Great firm

Current Employee - Project Manager in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Irving, TX

I have been working at Kimley-Horn and Associates full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You are given a lot of opportunities for growth and responsibility. Excellent benefits. Great bonus program.

Cons

There is a heavy time commitment.

Kimley-Horn is a great fit for self-motivated, highly energetic people and a career where results are rewarded..

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager/Practice Builder in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager/Practice Builder in Raleigh, NC

Pros

I have really appreciated the opportunities to grow, both personally and in my career. For me, I have always been challenged technically, while obtaining new and exciting things to get involved with. The quality of the people is extraordinary. I wanted a career where I could enjoy what I did, while also enjoying the people I worked with. At Kimley-Horn, I not only found that, I found a place that I could be more than adequately rewarded financially, as well. All in all, great people, challenging work, very strong benefits all add up to a great place to build a career.

Cons

Kimley-Horn is not a great place for those seeking a "job", and not a career. The people at Kimlen-Horn are passionate about what they do, and the clients we are serving. As such, those that are not as passionate about their career often can feel overwhelmed. The work culture at Kimley-Horn is to put in extra effort (on average 10 - 15%) in an effort to exceed our client's expectations. As such, it is not a "9-5" job.

Each office has its own personality, often with a local flavor of that region. Best advice is to acknowledge and honor that local flavor, while still providing for consistency across the companies many offices. This can be a difficult and challenging thing to adhere to.

There are newer employer reviews for Kimley-Horn and Associates