Challenging and Rewarding

Current Employee - Practice Builder in Reston, VA
Current Employee - Practice Builder in Reston, VA

I have been working at Kimley-Horn and Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunities for professionals and support staff, if you have the ambition and motivation you can do very well here. Work is very interesting and attracts very smart and entrepreneurial people, management does a good job of empowering and motivating staff and creating a culture for people to thrive.

Cons

Because Kimley-Horn is run as a profitable business, metrics for utilization, revenue and profitability are measured, and people are held accountable to goals so slackers will likely not do well here.

Advice to Management

Emphasis on professional staff doing all facets of consulting (management, marketing, recruiting in addition to providing professional services) should broaden to include technical specialists who are recognized industry experts who may want to concentrate on the production side of consulting..

reviews filtered by
  1. Good Company, but prejudice in hiring practices of good candidates with solid resumes (mid western region)

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Kimley-Horn and Associates full-time

Pros

Make good money, keep getting more and more work, and profits keep rising.

Cons

Turn down good resumes of better candidates to keep the pay scales lower and profits higher.

Advice to Management

Try hiring more qualified candidates for the reputation of the firm not just fancy cheer leaders!

Kimley-Horn and Associates Response

Jun 26, 2014Team Member

At Kimley-Horn, we strive to ensure that our recruiting is based on merit. So far this year, we have hired or have commitments from almost 500 new employees, and we’re seeking candidates in almost ... More

2. Most talented people and best business model in the consulting world!

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Kimley-Horn and Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I started at Kimley-Horn out of school and expected to jump companies to get ahead. There was no need to because I found all the mentoring and growth opportunities I could ask for here. And unlike most companies, the profits are distributed to all employees instead of making the few owners really rich. I work hard because I love what I do and the people I work with - it is just nice that I get paid really well too!

Cons

If you're looking to clock in at 9 and clock out at 4, this isn't the right place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the culture that makes this place great!