There are newer employer reviews for Kimley-Horn and Associates

Kimley-Horn truly provides an environment for its people to flourish

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kimley-Horn and Associates full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Kimley-Horn provides outstanding opportunities to grow professionally. Employees are given the support, encouragement and resources to be great consultants and trusted advisors to their clients, not just engineers, planners or designers. Because of these opportunities for professional growth, as well as outstanding benefits and a commitment to sharing the firm's financial success with all employees, Kimley-Horn is able to recruit and retain amazing employees. This includes new college hires all they way to seasoned practice builders.

Cons

The planning and design business is tough in general, and Kimley-Horn has high expectations of its staff to provide outstanding client service and to grow in their careers. This requires extra effort, and is not for everyone.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Strong Culture, Practice Driven, Result-oriented, Great Partnering, Reward success at ALL levels.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Kimley-Horn and Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great benefits, and we reward success at all levels meaning the profits of the firm are shared with each and every individual that helped produce the profits. You get exposed to the entire realm of consulting - technical development, marketing, and business / accounting aspects starting at a young age. Leadership and direction is initiated at the local office level, not directed and/or dictated from a regional or corporate office.

Cons

We are high energy, fast-paced, and results-oriented, which is not for everyone. Extra effort is part of our culture, yet tracked and considered when determining an individual's advancement / compensation / contribution to the firm.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Project Manager in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Orange, CA

I have been working at Kimley-Horn and Associates full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fun employees to work with while maintaining a professional atmosphere. This includes both work and after work hours. Compensation is fair and competitive. Reward is based on results more than opinion which is great.

Cons

Don't have any cons as the group of employees I work with a great group to work with all the time, even when I don't agree 100% they want to work it out to a professional compromise. Much better than other places where I have worked.

Advice to Management

Management is always open to discussion and wanting to keep the environment relaxed and open. I never feel like it is a closed discussion. Their willingness to listen and act in the best interest of the firm is what makes this a great place to work.