Kimley-Horn and Associates

www.kimley-horn.com
  www.kimley-horn.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kimley-Horn and Associates

You will be as successful as you are willing to be.

I have been working at Kimley-Horn and Associates full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The true value of the company is found in all the benefits outside of salary, such as bonuses, insurance, profit sharing, and a sharing office culture. The more you contribute, the more you receive. Most are given the freedom and encouragement to explore new and better ways to further their career and the success and profits of the firm.

Cons

The culture and environment make work-life balance a challenge. The flat organization is not good for someone who places great importance on titles. The consensus building process to make decisions can be slow and frustrating.

171 Other Employee Reviews for Kimley-Horn and Associates (View Most Recent)

I own my practice and part of the firm; no ceilings encountered to either; worthy place to spend a career.

Current Employee - Vice President in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President in Dallas, TX

Pros

Support to building a practice and career is strong and without boundaries; excellent benefits; top professionals at all levels. On the job training is an everyday occurrence.

Cons

Integration when coming in from another firm and learning the unstructured culture can be tough to believe initially. (It is that unstructured and open.)

Remain practice led.

Wish I would have joined Kimley-Horn sooner in my career!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

We work hard but are rewarded very well. Great people to work with. Communication on the financial success of the firm it an open book. Strong year end bonuses. Even during the lean years when other firms were shutting down, our staff still received bonuses. GENEROUS 401K plan. To me, this is a long term commitment. You could call me a Kimley-Horn cheerleader!

Cons

On the business ladder, promotions are very slow in coming. Much slower than on the engineering side of the company. I know this is an engineering firm and those are the people that pay our bills, but recognizing folks in HR, IS, Marketing, and Accounting is equally as important. Long term employees in these areas provide a depth of client service that is important to practice.

Regional leadership teams function differently from region to region. Some are more involved in every day to day decision while others reach out to partners to make decisions. They are regional leaders not regional managers.

There are newer employer reviews for Kimley-Horn and Associates