There are newer employer reviews for Kimley-Horn and Associates

I own my practice and part of the firm; no ceilings encountered to either; worthy place to spend a career.

Current Employee - Vice President in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Vice President in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Kimley-Horn and Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Support to building a practice and career is strong and without boundaries; excellent benefits; top professionals at all levels. On the job training is an everyday occurrence.

Cons

Integration when coming in from another firm and learning the unstructured culture can be tough to believe initially. (It is that unstructured and open.)

Advice to Management

Remain practice led.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Fantastic place to work!!

Pros

The people at Kimley-Horn are top notch. In my over 11 year tenure at Kimley-Horn, I haven't met a person I didn't like. If you don't like the people you work with, you'll be miserable and that has not been my experience at all. There are also plenty of perks and benefits that go a long way to making it an even better place to work. They aren't afraid to share the success of the firm with everyone.

Cons

It takes hard work and dedication to be successful serving clients. It can be very demanding and requires a delicate balance of work and life.

Kimley-Horn truly provides an environment for its people to flourish

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kimley-Horn and Associates full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Kimley-Horn provides outstanding opportunities to grow professionally. Employees are given the support, encouragement and resources to be great consultants and trusted advisors to their clients, not just engineers, planners or designers. Because of these opportunities for professional growth, as well as outstanding benefits and a commitment to sharing the firm's financial success with all employees, Kimley-Horn is able to recruit and retain amazing employees. This includes new college hires all they way to seasoned practice builders.

Cons

The planning and design business is tough in general, and Kimley-Horn has high expectations of its staff to provide outstanding client service and to grow in their careers. This requires extra effort, and is not for everyone.