Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

There are newer employer reviews for Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

Great Corporate Culture

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Portland, OR

I have been working at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I loved working for Kimpton Hotels. As a front desk agent and a private dining server for over 1 year, I felt it was a company where I could really be myself. Their core values matched up with mine perfectly - they care about the environment, LGBT rights, and standing out from other brands. I left to make better money elsewhere but will likely return one day.

Cons

There aren't many cons. I did feel very underpaid, but my pay was on-par with other hotels in the area as a front desk agent, so this isn't much to the fault of Kimpton.

Perhaps better benefits would be great. Having lived in Europe, I'm always in awe that a hospitality company offers only one week of paid vacation. This really affects work/life balance and directly reflects on job performance.

116 Other Employee Reviews for Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (View Most Recent)

great company

Former Employee - Front Desk Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Front Desk Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants full-time (more than a year)

Pros

up-beat, young, very employee focused

Cons

service culture is a bit lax at times, too casual

none

Kimpton has lost it's soul

Current Employee - General Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - General Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Were: entrepreneurial spirit, belief in an internal philosophy that was practiced from the top down and had fun.

Cons

The company has sold its soul to the whims of 3rd party owners. They're gutting the company and running it like 3 star operations just to save a buck. There is zero cache associated with Kimpton and its now being run by a team of execs 50+ that are only interested in riding out the remainder of their careers rather than pushing the envelope and creating new trends. Since Niki Leondakis left, the company has lost its soul.

Wipe the slate clean and start over. The new COO needs to show people he's in charge, it has otherwise been silent leadership from the top.

There are newer employer reviews for Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants