Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
www.kimptonhotels.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

My time with Kimpton

Assistant General Manager (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

ProsI think Kimpton is a great place to work for several reasons. First, the culture is amazing. People are happy to be at work, and they strive to have the best guest experiences. Second, because the company is small, you have opportunities to work in many departments for cross-training. Furthermore, it is common to meet the CEO or COO during their visits, because they enjoy seeing friendly faces. Finally, their hotels care for the environment and embrace green practices.

ConsOne of the biggest cons about Kimpton is that they really like people willing to move up the ranks by relocating to many cities around the US. If this environment is not for you, you may want to pass on Kimpton. Also, their pay scale for management is slightly lower than the counterparts I've known at other 4-5 star corporate brands.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe leadership at Kimpton is outstanding. All the Directors, VP's, and C-suite members add value to Kimpton. They keep the vision alive, and it is well evident.

High turnover at Kimpton in Sales

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

Pros: Hotels are built in a first class manner. Do live the markets that they are trying to… Cons: The sales aspects are not to try to play hard against Hilton, Starwood and Marriott, even though they are in your competitive set. Really disappointing… Advice to Senior Management: East Coast have few GM's that have true control over their properties - especially budgets. Regionals are too involved with way too many layers of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

front desk agent at kimpton hotels

Front Desk Agent (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

Pros: #1 at customer satisfaction surveys, friendly work environment Cons: unfortunately, not so qualified managers.. Advice to Senior Management: when a manager is new to a hotel, they should pay… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.

Worked for Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants CEO Michael Depatie. All reviews posted anonymously by Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants employees.