There are newer employer reviews for Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

Great company as a whole

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent
Former Employee - Front Desk Agent

I worked at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Provided full benefits, promoted growth from within, cross training in any department. Got along with majority of colleagues and management, team players all around. Most employees 'happy.' Kimpton as an entirety is a great place to work for.

Cons

Unprofessionalism in some departments and favoritism. Many things have changed within the Kimpton culture from when I began, there is no structure, which can either work well or terribly with no accountability.

Treat everyone equally. Company policy should be followed by everyone and not just a few. Lead by example.

reviews filtered by
  1. Kimpton is swell

Former Employee - Server in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Server in Seattle, WA

I worked at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They were a fantastic company to work for. They value their employees and hard work, promote from within, and their management management style is wonderful. I enjoyed 90% of my co-workers because when it came down to it, Kimpton is more likely to hire a friendly and personable person than someone with loads of experience and a bad attitude. Almost all of the staff was happy to work as a team. AND, from a server standpoint, this is the only restaurant I've ever worked at where the Chef and line cooks didn't yell at the servers for things beyond their control.

Cons

I can't really think of any. Great company all around.

Overrated in Product and as an Employer

Former Employee - Director of Catering in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Director of Catering in Portland, OR

I worked at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I actually liked my job itself and it paid well (though a lot was expected) and there were some nice people there.

Cons

Weird work allocation, hypocritical policies, cult-like, horrible upper management, no training, secret, illegal employee files, you'll only hear about the bad things you do, never the good.

For starters follow the law and hold all your employees equally accountable. While I worked there I saw employees reprimanded for minor infractions, while chefs were falling down drunk while working and GMs dated direct reports.

There are newer employer reviews for Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants