Kinder Morgan Energy Partners
www.kindermorgan.com Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

Pretty good company, but has its share of problem as most do.

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kinder Morgan Energy Partners full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCompetitive pay, 9/80 schedule, good facilities

ConsManagement is not reviewed for competency, lacks leadership skills, does not weed out the lazy staff, but puts more responsibility on the performers with no corresponding authority. Managers shuffle money around like their own, I do not know why they have an AFE process. No economics are required for anything, just spend.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers need to be evalutated on their subordinate's perspectives as well...you lose a lot of good people who are tired of being treated poorly. Hold people responsible for their job.

Good not great.

I have been working at Kinder Morgan Energy Partners full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Company is aggressive in growth as evidenced by the recent acquisition of ElPaso Gas. Employees… Cons: Benefits are middle of the road. Salaries are getting beat by several in the energy industry in the energy… Advice to Senior Management: Lighen up on the budget/forecasting/variance exercise and the number of compliance documentation sytems… More

No Work/Life Balance.... No benefits that make staying worthwhile.

I have been working at Kinder Morgan Energy Partners full-time

Pros: Still trying to come up with a good list of Pros. If… Cons: They do not care about working environment, innovation, and new ways to do things. They do not train… Advice to Senior Management: Start coming up with ways to retain young and talented individuals. you can do simple things for free such as telecommuting that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Kinder Morgan Energy Partners.

Worked for Kinder Morgan Energy Partners? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kinder Morgan Energy Partners reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kinder Morgan Energy Partners CEO Rich Kinder. All reviews posted anonymously by Kinder Morgan Energy Partners employees.