Kinder Morgan

www.kindermorgan.com

Where careers go to die

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt's a job. If you are 4-5 years away from retirement, go for it!

ConsUnless you are a lifer and can sit through about 20-30 years worth of brain erasing 8-to-5 stuff, filling our spreadsheets for your bosses without making a single decision, without having any say in what's going on whatsoever... do NOT even bother. Even VP level guys barely make any decisions in KM. Director level guys are bragging about managing 5-6 million dollar projects. Perhaps after being burned in Enron, Richard Kinder doesn't want anybody to make any decisions ever.

I don't know a single person who left KM and wasn't happy afterwards. I suffered through 3 years of this stuff until it was painfully obvious that I wasn't going anywhere while watching guys with much less education and experience getting promoted because somebody is pushing them up or pulling them up. You are completely screwed if you don't have any connections in that company. And to develop those kinds of connection, you need to be there 10-15 years. If you are ready for that, more power to you.

I left KM for a job with much more responsibility and MUCH better pay. That is also a recurring theme between most people who leave KM - more responsibility and better pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't even know why I should bother. Management doesn't listen anyway.

Great Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kinder Morgan

Pros: Enjoyed the no nonsense approach to things. Cons: Not much mobility to move up More

Overall good work enviroment.

Scheduler (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Kinder Morgan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Competitive salary and good benefits Cons: Upper managment is dollar driven. This is good but taken… Advice to Senior Management: Look at the maintenace on facilities closer. Appearance goes a long way.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kinder Morgan.

Worked for Kinder Morgan? Contribute to the Community!