Kindercare

www.kindercare.com

The most unorganized, greedy, and unthankful company I have ever worked for.

Infant Teacher (Former Employee) Cary, NC

ProsThe classrooms are set-up well and the children have access to great age-appropriate toys.

The director is a very nice man (but I think he is in over his head).

ConsConstantly understaffed, always guilt you into skipping your lunch break, promise one schedule and force you to work another, extremely unorganized, enroll more kids in each room than ratios allow so kids are constantly "shifted" up or down into other age groups and their parents are lied to about it.

The assistant director is very condescending to the teachers and always tries to leave the building for one reason or another (to get a soda from CVS, to run to the bank, etc..). This often leaves the teachers without any support or anyone to relieve them for bathroom breaks.

Also, I was never properly trained. I was hired as the lead infant teacher and only trained one day in my room. Then I was belittled weeks later because I didn't know how to properly fill-out the food program paper work. Although the one day I trained no on showed me how to do it and every time I asked my directors were too busy to help me.

I put in my two weeks notice because of everything listed above and they kept scheduling me for 3 weeks AFTER my two weeks was up. I felt bad for them so I kept working, until I finally just said I was not coming in again and they had to make due. I gave them over a month notice and they still had not hired my replacement when I left.

THEY DON'T OFFER EMPLOYEE DISCOUNTS FOR EMPLOYEE'S WHO ENROLL THEIR INFANTS. IT IS CORPORATE POLICY. SO, SO GREEDY!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together, hire more teachers, and get a different assistant director.

It's an ok place to work

Teacher (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Kindercare full-time for more than a year

Pros: It is good because you get the evenings and weekends off with your… Cons: The hours can be long and the children can get… Advice to Senior Management: I do not have any advice. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

All about the money

Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) South Elgin, IL

I worked at Kindercare full-time for more than a year

Pros: Working with kids is so incredibly rewarding. Cons: Any place where women are working together is a horrible place to be. I've never experienced a workplace where emotions trump professionalism--leave it to women,… Advice to Senior Management: Be professional and encourage professionalism. Teachers are not your children--save… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kindercare.

Worked for Kindercare? Contribute to the Community!