There are newer employer reviews for Kindercare

Need cost of living

Current Employee - Lead Teacher I in Rialto, CA
Current Employee - Lead Teacher I in Rialto, CA

I have been working at Kindercare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

the children are being well taking care of

Cons

the teachers are not, 9.68 hr. for taking care of the kids, cleaning toilets, scrubbing walls, showing no teacher creativity its going downhill

reviews filtered by

Could care less about their teachers

Former Employee - Teacher in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Teacher in Rockville, MD

I worked at Kindercare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Some of the teachers I worked with

Cons

they cut hours all the time, and would make you come in at you scheduled time and not clock in until they said so. The teachers were treated with a lot of disrespect

Advice to Management

support your teachers and give them their hours

The most unorganized, greedy, and unthankful company I have ever worked for.

Former Employee - Infant Teacher in Cary, NC
    Former Employee - Infant Teacher in Cary, NC

I worked at Kindercare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The classrooms are set-up well and the children have access to great age-appropriate toys.

The director is a very nice man (but I think he is in over his head).

Cons

Constantly understaffed, always guilt you into skipping your lunch break, promise one schedule and force you to work another, extremely unorganized, enroll more kids in each room than ratios allow so kids are constantly "shifted" up or down into other age groups and their parents are lied to about it.

The assistant director is very condescending to the teachers and always tries to leave the building for one reason or another (to get a soda from CVS, to run to the bank, etc..). This often leaves the teachers without any support or anyone to relieve them for bathroom breaks.

Also, I was never properly trained. I was hired as the lead infant teacher and only trained one day in my room. Then I was belittled weeks later because I didn't know how to properly fill-out the food program paper work. Although the one day I trained no on showed me how to do it and every time I asked my directors were too busy to help me.

I put in my two weeks notice because of everything listed above and they kept scheduling me for 3 weeks AFTER my two weeks was up. I felt bad for them so I kept working, until I finally just said I was not coming in again and they had to make due. I gave them over a month notice and they still had not hired my replacement when I left.

THEY DON'T OFFER EMPLOYEE DISCOUNTS FOR EMPLOYEE'S WHO ENROLL THEIR INFANTS. IT IS CORPORATE POLICY. SO, SO GREEDY!

Advice to Management

Get it together, hire more teachers, and get a different assistant director.

There are newer employer reviews for Kindercare