There are newer employer reviews for Kindercare

The director and Assistant director are very professional and want to see you succeed in their company and in life.

Current Employee - Infant Teacher in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Infant Teacher in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Kindercare part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love to teach children and Kindercare centers and classrooms are all designed to help your child learn.

Cons

They take a very long time to process your information and to tell you what day to start working. Be prepared to wait 3 weeks from the actual interview date before you get to start work.

Advice to Management

Speed up the employment process by cutting down how much time or many weeks it takes to run background checks and reference checks.

reviews filtered by

Unprofessional and petty

Current Employee - Infant Teacher in Midlothian, VA
    Current Employee - Infant Teacher in Midlothian, VA

I have been working at Kindercare part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Weekends and holidays off, most places are closed by 6:30pm

Cons

There is no team work among the teachers, most are just our for themselves, the children are left all day to be raised by other people. Directors are unprofessional and can not deal with any issues they feel are uncomfortable. Pay is horrible, pretty much no room for advancement. Some people are allowed to do whatever they want while others stick to the rules. The company severely limits hours and budget so that it is hard to even order paper for the children. I feel like I'm in a high school sorority.

Advice to Management

Be more professional, don't reward people for not doing their jobs.

2. A true learning experience

Current Employee - Infant Teacher in Sewell, NJ
    Current Employee - Infant Teacher in Sewell, NJ

I have been working at Kindercare part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have learned a lot since my tenure at Kindercare. Kindercare is very interested in continuing the training of their teachers by paying for schooling to get teaching certificates and ongoing Proffesional Development days planned throughout the year. The center I work in has a great group of teachers that are interested in their children and interested in continuing to make a difference in the lives of their students. We work well with our families and love our children as much as the people they go home with. My center director and assistant director are very generous in the information they give to their employees and parents, they are flexible yet fair and we can count on them to be consistent.
    I feel as though my time at Kindercare has also made me a better parent and I appreciate the resources that I have received in being a parent/teacher to not only help me in the classroom, but also help me in making my children's school experience a better one.

Cons

Well of course every employee feels as though they deserve more money and we are no different. LOL But it has to be said that for people who are in charge of helping to shape little people for the future, there should be more compensation for that. I also think consideration should be given to employees having discounts to enrolling their own children. Of course we do have discounts in place, however, it's sad when parents have been forced to leave altogether because there are 0 discounts for their infants and it costs more than they make to enroll their children in the infant room. Also, for anyone wanting to work there, they have to take into consideration periods when enrollment is low and therefore hours are slashed severely.

There are newer employer reviews for Kindercare