Assistant Director

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cedarburg, WI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedarburg, WI

I worked at Kindercare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Kids are awesome, some good teachers

Cons

Teachers severely underpaid. Being accredited doesn't mean crap when corporate controls your budget.

Pay teachers what they're worth!!!!!!! Don't pretend you care about the kids when you make it impossible for teachers to earn a living wage, even those with experience and training. Give them paid planning time, don't cut rooms down to 1 teacher, and hire directors with the proper education.

Other Reviews for Kindercare

A true learning experience

Current Employee - Infant Teacher  in  Sewell, NJ
    Current Employee - Infant Teacher in Sewell, NJ

I have been working at Kindercare part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have learned a lot since my tenure at Kindercare. Kindercare is very interested in continuing the training of their teachers by paying for schooling to get teaching certificates and ongoing Proffesional Development days planned throughout the year. The center I work in has a great group of teachers that are interested in their children and interested in continuing to make a difference in the lives of their students. We work well with our families and love our children as much as the people they go home with. My center director and assistant director are very generous in the information they give to their employees and parents, they are flexible yet fair and we can count on them to be consistent.
    I feel as though my time at Kindercare has also made me a better parent and I appreciate the resources that I have received in being a parent/teacher to not only help me in the classroom, but also help me in making my children's school experience a better one.

Cons

Well of course every employee feels as though they deserve more money and we are no different. LOL But it has to be said that for people who are in charge of helping to shape little people for the future, there should be more compensation for that. I also think consideration should be given to employees having discounts to enrolling their own children. Of course we do have discounts in place, however, it's sad when parents have been forced to leave altogether because there are 0 discounts for their infants and it costs more than they make to enroll their children in the infant room. Also, for anyone wanting to work there, they have to take into consideration periods when enrollment is low and therefore hours are slashed severely.

Lack of supplies

Former Employee - Management  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Management in Detroit, MI

I worked at Kindercare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They offer tuition reinbursment. Benefits to full time employees.

Cons

Always putting a freeze on spending. Lack of supplies needed for daily programming.

You say you have the best programs around. But you don't spend the money for materials.

There are newer employer reviews for Kindercare.

Worked for Kindercare? Contribute to the Community!