There are newer employer reviews for Kindercare

Unprofessional and petty

Current Employee - Infant Teacher  in  Midlothian, VA
Current Employee - Infant Teacher in Midlothian, VA

I have been working at Kindercare part-time for less than a year

Pros

Weekends and holidays off, most places are closed by 6:30pm

Cons

There is no team work among the teachers, most are just our for themselves, the children are left all day to be raised by other people. Directors are unprofessional and can not deal with any issues they feel are uncomfortable. Pay is horrible, pretty much no room for advancement. Some people are allowed to do whatever they want while others stick to the rules. The company severely limits hours and budget so that it is hard to even order paper for the children. I feel like I'm in a high school sorority.

Be more professional, don't reward people for not doing their jobs.

188 Other Employee Reviews for Kindercare (View Most Recent)

A true learning experience

Current Employee - Infant Teacher  in  Sewell, NJ
    Current Employee - Infant Teacher in Sewell, NJ

I have been working at Kindercare part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have learned a lot since my tenure at Kindercare. Kindercare is very interested in continuing the training of their teachers by paying for schooling to get teaching certificates and ongoing Proffesional Development days planned throughout the year. The center I work in has a great group of teachers that are interested in their children and interested in continuing to make a difference in the lives of their students. We work well with our families and love our children as much as the people they go home with. My center director and assistant director are very generous in the information they give to their employees and parents, they are flexible yet fair and we can count on them to be consistent.
    I feel as though my time at Kindercare has also made me a better parent and I appreciate the resources that I have received in being a parent/teacher to not only help me in the classroom, but also help me in making my children's school experience a better one.

Cons

Well of course every employee feels as though they deserve more money and we are no different. LOL But it has to be said that for people who are in charge of helping to shape little people for the future, there should be more compensation for that. I also think consideration should be given to employees having discounts to enrolling their own children. Of course we do have discounts in place, however, it's sad when parents have been forced to leave altogether because there are 0 discounts for their infants and it costs more than they make to enroll their children in the infant room. Also, for anyone wanting to work there, they have to take into consideration periods when enrollment is low and therefore hours are slashed severely.

Assistant Director

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cedarburg, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedarburg, WI

I worked at Kindercare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Kids are awesome, some good teachers

Cons

Teachers severely underpaid. Being accredited doesn't mean crap when corporate controls your budget.

Pay teachers what they're worth!!!!!!! Don't pretend you care about the kids when you make it impossible for teachers to earn a living wage, even those with experience and training. Give them paid planning time, don't cut rooms down to 1 teacher, and hire directors with the proper education.

There are newer employer reviews for Kindercare

Worked for Kindercare? Contribute to the Community!