Director Plays Favorites

Former Employee - Co Lead Teacher in York, PA
Former Employee - Co Lead Teacher in York, PA

I worked at Kindercare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The support recived from other teachers is amazing. Well Educated, Dedicated Staff. The parents and children who attened the center are wonderful and apreciate the enviorment the staff provides. Kindercare offeres wonderful mandated training.

Cons

The Director plays favorites. She offeres salary based on her opinion of a person not their qualifications. I worked as a co lead teacher and was paid more(without education to back me) the my co lead teacher who had a degree.

Advice to Management

Stop being so lazy.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

All about the money, not about the children/staff

I have been working at Kindercare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I work with some fun people, that's about it anymore. I used to love working here. Now I have to drag myself out of bed every morning.

Cons

Terrible work/life balance. Having to work close to 60 hours a week but salaried so only getting paid for 40 hours. Changed the way directors achieve bonus so it's practically impossible. It takes forever to get the go ahead from corporate to withdraw children with terrible behavior problems so meanwhile we are getting spit on, hit, kicked, and punched on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Senior Management all need to spend a week doing the duties of a director to understand everything the job requires and how stressful the position is.

Love the kids, challenging family situations, a lot to do in little time

Former Employee - Pre-kindergarten Teacher in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Pre-kindergarten Teacher in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Kindercare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kids were great. It's very fun to see how quickly they learn. Curriculum is pre-written. Free meals every day. I had a great supervisor who took a full day out of her schedule to help me with behavior challenges in my room.

Cons

Curriculum is difficult to play out because you have too many children to supervise at once to do small group work and often times are provided with the necessary supplies. You are given no ability to correct innappropriate behavior in children aside from telling the child they can no longer play with what they have and to move on to a new activity. It is also a challenge to completely switch out class room themes every two weeks since you have no prep time with out kids.

Advice to Management

Provide teachers with prep time with out kids, and with some behavior modification tools. Ensure that class rooms have supplies needed to follow curriculum.