There are newer employer reviews for Kindercare

All about money, not about the kids!

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kindercare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Higher pay than most preschools

Cons

Constant change, high stress, more about the money than the children,

reviews filtered by

Love the kids, challenging family situations, a lot to do in little time

Former Employee - Pre-kindergarten Teacher in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Pre-kindergarten Teacher in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Kindercare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Kids were great. It's very fun to see how quickly they learn. Curriculum is pre-written. Free meals every day. I had a great supervisor who took a full day out of her schedule to help me with behavior challenges in my room.

Cons

Curriculum is difficult to play out because you have too many children to supervise at once to do small group work and often times are provided with the necessary supplies. You are given no ability to correct innappropriate behavior in children aside from telling the child they can no longer play with what they have and to move on to a new activity. It is also a challenge to completely switch out class room themes every two weeks since you have no prep time with out kids.

Advice to Management

Provide teachers with prep time with out kids, and with some behavior modification tools. Ensure that class rooms have supplies needed to follow curriculum.

Children are not safe in the Moblie Infant classroom, the Toddler classroom and 3/4s classroom

Former Employee - Lead Teacher I in Johnson City, TN
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher I in Johnson City, TN

I worked at Kindercare part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The Teachers are trying to do the best they can to keep the children safe. They are very caring people who genuinely care for the students.

Cons

The ridiculous mandates of this organization make it absolutely impossible to keep the children safe at all times!
    It is called a "learning center", but there is very little learning going on.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure there is anything to be done to rectify this situation. Perhaps, with more experienced director(s) running this "so called" learning center, the children may be cared for in a more safe manner.

There are newer employer reviews for Kindercare