Kindercare
www.kindercare.com 5000+ Employees

All about the money, not about the children/staff

ProsI work with some fun people, that's about it anymore. I used to love working here. Now I have to drag myself out of bed every morning.

ConsTerrible work/life balance. Having to work close to 60 hours a week but salaried so only getting paid for 40 hours. Changed the way directors achieve bonus so it's practically impossible. It takes forever to get the go ahead from corporate to withdraw children with terrible behavior problems so meanwhile we are getting spit on, hit, kicked, and punched on a daily basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Management all need to spend a week doing the duties of a director to understand everything the job requires and how stressful the position is.

All about money, not about the kids!

Lead Teacher (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kindercare full-time for more than a year

Pros: Higher pay than most preschools Cons: Constant change, high stress, more about the money than the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Love the kids, challenging family situations, a lot to do in little time

Pre-kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Kindercare full-time for more than a year

Pros: Kids were great. It's very fun to see how quickly they learn. Curriculum is pre-written. Free meals every day. … Cons: Curriculum is difficult to play out because you have too many children to supervise at once to do small group work and often times are… Advice to Senior Management: Provide teachers with prep time with out kids, and with some behavior… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kindercare.

Worked for Kindercare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kindercare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kindercare CEO Elanna S. Yalow. All reviews posted anonymously by Kindercare employees.