There are newer employer reviews for Kindercare

All about the money, not about the children/staff

I have been working at Kindercare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I work with some fun people, that's about it anymore. I used to love working here. Now I have to drag myself out of bed every morning.

Cons

Terrible work/life balance. Having to work close to 60 hours a week but salaried so only getting paid for 40 hours. Changed the way directors achieve bonus so it's practically impossible. It takes forever to get the go ahead from corporate to withdraw children with terrible behavior problems so meanwhile we are getting spit on, hit, kicked, and punched on a daily basis.

Senior Management all need to spend a week doing the duties of a director to understand everything the job requires and how stressful the position is.

199 Other Employee Reviews for Kindercare (View Most Recent)

All about money, not about the kids!

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kindercare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Higher pay than most preschools

Cons

Constant change, high stress, more about the money than the children,

Love the kids, challenging family situations, a lot to do in little time

Former Employee - Pre-kindergarten Teacher in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Pre-kindergarten Teacher in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Kindercare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Kids were great. It's very fun to see how quickly they learn. Curriculum is pre-written. Free meals every day. I had a great supervisor who took a full day out of her schedule to help me with behavior challenges in my room.

Cons

Curriculum is difficult to play out because you have too many children to supervise at once to do small group work and often times are provided with the necessary supplies. You are given no ability to correct innappropriate behavior in children aside from telling the child they can no longer play with what they have and to move on to a new activity. It is also a challenge to completely switch out class room themes every two weeks since you have no prep time with out kids.

Provide teachers with prep time with out kids, and with some behavior modification tools. Ensure that class rooms have supplies needed to follow curriculum.

There are newer employer reviews for Kindercare