There are newer employer reviews for Kindercare

All about the money, not about the children/staff

I have been working at Kindercare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I work with some fun people, that's about it anymore. I used to love working here. Now I have to drag myself out of bed every morning.

Cons

Terrible work/life balance. Having to work close to 60 hours a week but salaried so only getting paid for 40 hours. Changed the way directors achieve bonus so it's practically impossible. It takes forever to get the go ahead from corporate to withdraw children with terrible behavior problems so meanwhile we are getting spit on, hit, kicked, and punched on a daily basis.

Senior Management all need to spend a week doing the duties of a director to understand everything the job requires and how stressful the position is.

192 Other Employee Reviews for Kindercare (View Most Recent)

Love the kids, challenging family situations, a lot to do in little time

Former Employee - Pre-kindergarten Teacher  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Pre-kindergarten Teacher in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Kindercare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Kids were great. It's very fun to see how quickly they learn. Curriculum is pre-written. Free meals every day. I had a great supervisor who took a full day out of her schedule to help me with behavior challenges in my room.

Cons

Curriculum is difficult to play out because you have too many children to supervise at once to do small group work and often times are provided with the necessary supplies. You are given no ability to correct innappropriate behavior in children aside from telling the child they can no longer play with what they have and to move on to a new activity. It is also a challenge to completely switch out class room themes every two weeks since you have no prep time with out kids.

Provide teachers with prep time with out kids, and with some behavior modification tools. Ensure that class rooms have supplies needed to follow curriculum.

Kindercare has been like my second family.

Current Employee - Management  in  Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Management in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Kindercare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been working at Kindercare for a total of 19 years between two different centers. Watching children learn and grow and the relationships you have with their families is amazing. Working with a great team is what makes it work. I have had that throughout my years too. You have to love children or it is not the place for you. But the rewards you get from the children and their smiles each day is worth it. Kindercare also inspires you to grown and learn yourself and provides inservice training for you to give you that opportunity. You will find a life time of great experiences at Kindercare.

Cons

At this time threre is none

At this time there is non.e

There are newer employer reviews for Kindercare

Worked for Kindercare? Contribute to the Community!