Kindercare
www.kindercare.com 5000+ Employees

Good for experience.

Lead Teacher (Former Employee)
Utica, MI

I worked at Kindercare full-time for more than 3 years

ProsStaff becomes like family. Will hire anyone, so it's a great place to start out. You are usually able to try out all the different age groups/being a cook/driving the bus.

ConsThey do not care about the kids, my GM referred to the children as "FTE" (full-time equivalents)! In my three years that I worked with KinderCare, the kids were placed in rooms that may not have been theirs just to keep ratios down so they could let people go home because there wasn't money to pay them. My first year I worked there, we had over time and raises; we then went on a salary freeze. The only motivation to do a good job was the fear of getting fired, and of course the kids. KC does not pay well whatsoever, and management is unstable (in my three years, I went through 4 different directors).

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember why you went into this business.

Corporate Franchise Disguised as School

Teacher (Former Employee)
Bowie, MD

I worked at Kindercare full-time for less than a year

Pros: -Got to meet and interact with great children and their families -Most of the teachers genuinely care about the kids (although they get… Cons: -Homogenized approach to promote the brand name that masquerades as a classroom set-up which gets in the way of actual learning experiences -Bottom-line and the… Advice to Senior Management: -Appreciate the children and realize their welfare and value are worth far… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Upper Management makes Money

Teacher (Former Employee)
Plano, TX

I worked at Kindercare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: You get to work with children. Cons: You don't get the supplies you need, management is mean to their employees, you are paid way less than the amount of work you do,… Advice to Senior Management: You have to pay for quality or lose employees to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Kindercare.

Worked for Kindercare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kindercare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kindercare CEO Elanna S. Yalow. All reviews posted anonymously by Kindercare employees.