There are newer employer reviews for Kindercare

Only Cares About Money

Current Employee - Twos Teacher  in  Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Twos Teacher in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Kindercare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They are paying for me to get my Childhood Development Associate.

Cons

Where should I start?

There is so much disconnect between what happens in the classroom and the decisions corporate makes that running a classroom as it should becomes very difficult.

They want you do do curriculum but they don't want to pay for supplies.

They want you do follow all kinds of ridiculous policies and do all kinds of little things that don't make sense. If you keep up with all those things it makes it hard to actually get things done for the kids. You can not have any overtime yet they don't give you any planning period. The only downtime is nap time but you have an endless list of things to accomplish it's impossible to get everything done.

The center directors are awful about favoritism. If there are complaints about a teacher's attitude towards the kids & parents it will be ignored because the teacher is friends with the director.

They spend a lot of money on promotional items that the parents just throw away. It's like the company will spend money on everything but their teachers.

I could go on and on but there is no point. A lot has changed in the 5 years I've worked for the company but things keep getting worse. I would quit but then they would stop paying for my CDA classes and I can't afford that.

Stop spending money on pointless things and invest in your teachers. Giving them adequate raises will make them happier and will help them put time and effort back into the company.

193 Other Employee Reviews for Kindercare (View Most Recent)

not a bad place to work

Former Employee - Lead Toddler Teacher  in  Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Lead Toddler Teacher in Nashua, NH

I worked at Kindercare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

the directors were great and it had a very nice playground

Cons

hours get cut as soon as numbers drop

Very stressfull, multi-tasking constantly. Great management! director great pay

Former Employee - Preschool Teacher  in  Farmington, CT
    Former Employee - Preschool Teacher in Farmington, CT

I worked at Kindercare full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The salary is the best around for childcare. The children and families are wonderful. The hours are long and 9 hour days with an hour for lunch not an option no flex time. Must be flexible in your hours.

Cons

Stressfull working conditions, Taking attendance every half hour. Giving children medicine - no nurse or manager to do this. no privacy for the students with regard to medication administration. Not accredited and high price for parents to pay not being accredited , but staff is well-trained and provides loving, safe care.

Hire a nurse to administer medication or do it yourself. it should not be being done by teachers who are responsible for all the other children at the same time and the student should have privacy with regard to his health issues.

There are newer employer reviews for Kindercare

Worked for Kindercare? Contribute to the Community!