Kindercare

www.kindercare.com

Only Cares About Money

Twos Teacher (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsThey are paying for me to get my Childhood Development Associate.

ConsWhere should I start?

There is so much disconnect between what happens in the classroom and the decisions corporate makes that running a classroom as it should becomes very difficult.

They want you do do curriculum but they don't want to pay for supplies.

They want you do follow all kinds of ridiculous policies and do all kinds of little things that don't make sense. If you keep up with all those things it makes it hard to actually get things done for the kids. You can not have any overtime yet they don't give you any planning period. The only downtime is nap time but you have an endless list of things to accomplish it's impossible to get everything done.

The center directors are awful about favoritism. If there are complaints about a teacher's attitude towards the kids & parents it will be ignored because the teacher is friends with the director.

They spend a lot of money on promotional items that the parents just throw away. It's like the company will spend money on everything but their teachers.

I could go on and on but there is no point. A lot has changed in the 5 years I've worked for the company but things keep getting worse. I would quit but then they would stop paying for my CDA classes and I can't afford that.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop spending money on pointless things and invest in your teachers. Giving them adequate raises will make them happier and will help them put time and effort back into the company.

Very stressfull, multi-tasking constantly. Great management! director great pay

Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) Farmington, CT

I worked at Kindercare full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The salary is the best around for childcare. The children and families are wonderful. The hours are long and… Cons: Stressfull working conditions, Taking attendance every half hour. Giving children medicine - no nurse or manager to do this. no privacy for the… Advice to Senior Management: Hire a nurse to administer medication or do it yourself. it should not be being done by teachers who are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

First Out of College Teaching Position and the Worst Job

Lead Teacher II (3 5-4 5 Years Old) (Former Employee) East Brunswick, NJ

I worked at Kindercare full-time for less than a year

Pros: Got to make a difference in children's lives. Met an… Cons: Everything else. The center was understaffed almost everyday. I was in the class of 3.5-4.5 years old where the ration is 1:10. So often they… Advice to Senior Management: Start seeing what working with children really means. It is not pushing the kids around in classrooms just to save… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Kindercare.

Worked for Kindercare? Contribute to the Community!