Kindercare

www.kindercare.com

Not the best company to work for

Current Employee - School Age Teacher  in  Issaquah, WA
Current Employee - School Age Teacher in Issaquah, WA

Pros

Friendly co-workers, OK management (I've had worse), and great families.

Cons

They cut hours as soon as the kid count drops, terrible communication skills, (corporate) doesn't seem to care that much about their workers, you have to pull an arm and a leg to get a raise (took me three years). They say one thing and do another, make you pay for your own background check, doesn't keep center buildings up to date. Directors get to go on fun paid vacations and leave the teachers to work their butts off with not extra help.

Learn communication skills, be there for your employees.

Other reviews for Kindercare

teacher

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

horrible pay, but the pro in Indiana ou can still qualif for foodstamps, with the hourly wage the pay.

Cons

same as above depends on your political view. They also push the limit on how many children are in the classrooms, just because the state gives a max number doesn't mean the school should follow that recommendation, the state doesn't know anything about children. I know each little warm body is a dollar figure, but its not good to have so many children in a classroom!

how about living wages!!!!!!

Only Cares About Money

Current Employee - Twos Teacher  in  Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Twos Teacher in Tulsa, OK

Pros

They are paying for me to get my Childhood Development Associate.

Cons

Where should I start?

There is so much disconnect between what happens in the classroom and the decisions corporate makes that running a classroom as it should becomes very difficult.

They want you do do curriculum but they don't want to pay for supplies.

They want you do follow all kinds of ridiculous policies and do all kinds of little things that don't make sense. If you keep up with all those things it makes it hard to actually get things done for the kids. You can not have any overtime yet they don't give you any planning period. The only downtime is nap time but you have an endless list of things to accomplish it's impossible to get everything done.

The center directors are awful about favoritism. If there are complaints about a teacher's attitude towards the kids & parents it will be ignored because the teacher is friends with the director.

They spend a lot of money on promotional items that the parents just throw away. It's like the company will spend money on everything but their teachers.

I could go on and on but there is no point. A lot has changed in the 5 years I've worked for the company but things keep getting worse. I would quit but then they would stop paying for my CDA classes and I can't afford that.

Stop spending money on pointless things and invest in your teachers. Giving them adequate raises will make them happier and will help them put time and effort back into the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Kindercare.

Worked for Kindercare? Contribute to the Community!