There are newer employer reviews for Kindercare

Moving was the only reason I left, I loved working there

Former Employee - Teacher  in  South Elgin, IL
Former Employee - Teacher in South Elgin, IL

I worked at Kindercare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I loved the children, fellow teachers and management. They made work not seem like work. It's easy to go there and enjoy what your doing when you're having fun

Cons

It's still a lot of work because its a job and you want to help every child

Keep up the great work and keep having fun

188 Other Employee Reviews for Kindercare (View Most Recent)

Terrible Place to Work

Current Employee - Teachers Aide  in  Westwood, MA
    Current Employee - Teachers Aide in Westwood, MA

I have been working at Kindercare full-time for less than a year

Pros

The children, tuition reimbursement, teachers that care

Cons

Low Pay, early or late breaks, hours cut, bad benefits, no vacation for a year, unappreciated, no supplies

Value your employees and the children and families that pay A LOT of money to go to KinderCare. This company is worth billions yet their employees are paid terribly and constantly have their hours cut. The children are the ones that end up suffering because we have no supplies to use with them and the teachers can't afford to buy their own because of the low pay and constant hours being cut. The directors are constantly scrutinized for being over on hours and are forced to send employees home daily when the number of children begin to drop in the afternoons. It's terrible. They also shuffle the children around from classroom to classroom in order to keep ratios down so they can send teachers home as early as possible. This often causes meltdowns as the children like to be with their friends and surroundings that they're used to. It's not fair to the kids. I have been working there for 8 weeks and have never had 80 hours for a 2 week pay period. There are only 3 employees at my current center that have been there for over 3 years and they are on their 8th director in the last 3 years! Something clearly needs to change for this company!

The company does a great job a decieving job candidates & new hires as it's not as said to be nor as it appears to be.

Former Employee - Teacher/Floater  in  Merrimack, NH
    Former Employee - Teacher/Floater in Merrimack, NH

I worked at Kindercare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Education Reimbursement, Health / Medical Benefits

Cons

The Entire Program & Management

Hire peole who actually have Phd's, Master's etc.. & are qualified in the Education field to run the company , give teachers more $$ and value their imput more by "displays" of gratitude, respect, recognition & appreciaton !

There are newer employer reviews for Kindercare

Worked for Kindercare? Contribute to the Community!