Unacceptable

Current Employee - Teacher  in  West Windsor, NJ
Current Employee - Teacher in West Windsor, NJ

I have been working at Kindercare full-time for more than a year

Pros

working with children
coworkers are friendly

Cons

work-life balance
long hours
horrible pay
unprofessional
hostile work environment
underappreciated
no supplies/materials
expect to work during blizzards
high teacher turnover

If you expect your teachers to meet the standards held for public school teachers then you must pay them as such. Ratios are never maintained, teachers are constantly under so much stress and run down that they are crying and getting ill on a daily basis and still expected to give 150%. I was literally vomiting at work one day and could not stand and the director told me I better get myself together real fast so the parents aren't put off by me being there sick, yet she told me if I left I would be terminated. I could go on and on and none of it is good.

Other Reviews for Kindercare

Not a good job for teachers who actually like to teach...not a good preschool for children either

Former Employee - Teacher  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Teacher in San Diego, CA

I worked at Kindercare part-time for less than a year

Pros

Work with children, Flexible hours for part-time, minimal education required, opportunities to work with all age-groups, multiple locations in the U.S. so it's easy to relocate if needed

Cons

-Minimal opportunities for a teacher's individual creativity; the curriculum book is created by corporate and it's the same at every site, so teachers are required to just follow the book and base their lesson plans off of it.
    -Minimal childcare education required to be a lead teacher. Parents don't realize that their child may have a teacher who has only ever taken 3 basic classes in early childhood education.
    -Child:teacher ratio is too high for certain age groups, which can make teaching very difficult and stressful. For example, 12 two-year-olds to one teacher with little to no aid...
    -Management tends to be more focused on their own jobs and how they appear to corporate. They have little value for their employees

-Be more empathetic and value your teachers. You can make or break a job for them.

Dead end job

Former Employee - Lead Teacher  in  Salem, OR
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Salem, OR

I worked at Kindercare full-time for more than a year

Pros

The children, the staff, most of the parents

Cons

Lack of pay in scale with sheer amount of work involved, no room for advancement, poor benefits package, upper management does not take care of employees

Value your employees more, pay a living wage

There are newer employer reviews for Kindercare.

Worked for Kindercare? Contribute to the Community!