There are newer employer reviews for Kindercare

So-so

Current Employee - Center Director
Current Employee - Center Director

I have been working at Kindercare

Pros

Consistent work, awesome Childcare discount (on tuition only), ease and ability to transfer to another location, possibility for promotion, work experience.

Cons

Larger corporation has a difficult time trickling down that home-like feel to each center, inconsistencies with each center running sometimes completely different than one another.

Listen to the 'little people' since they are running the centers, value the teachers and Directors, find ways to genuinely say, 'thank you', ask questions that are logical, and trust those who know their center to run it!

189 Other Employee Reviews for Kindercare (View Most Recent)

Always a pleasure to work with children

Current Employee - Teacher
    Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at Kindercare

Pros

My love of children
    Beautiful well maintained classroom, thanks to my co-worker and my self

Cons

Very low pay
    Took over two years to receive a raise
    cutting of hours

Take pride in the teachers , and try to keep the good ones that you have. Just because a teacher does not have a paper degree, I believe 16 years of exp. =38,000 hrs working with young children, is more than any book or on line course can teach you. I have a keen understanding of the development of children, and can say I know them like the "back of my hand". Was told I could not recieve higher pay until I obtained a degree of some sort. Breaks my heart , would love to do so if I had the money to take the courses! Sometimes its like a no win situation. So please value the good teachers you have and take notice in their abilities and compensate them for their hardwork and knowledge.

ok I guess

Former Employee - Child Care Provider
    Former Employee - Child Care Provider

I worked at Kindercare

Pros

Its is a pretty good job with really good hours regardless the shift you are hired for, and the pay is pretty good if the center director likes you.

Cons

Most of the parents are rude and think you work for them, and the children are out of control and no action can be taken not even a time out.

Pay more attention to who you hire

There are newer employer reviews for Kindercare

Worked for Kindercare? Contribute to the Community!