There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare

Very Stressful Environment, Lacking Communication and Professionalism

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse  in  Winchester, KY
Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Winchester, KY

I worked at Kindred Healthcare

Pros

Offer better pay and a great learning experience.

Cons

There is a lack of communication between Nursing and Nurse Management. There is lack of support and trust of Nursing staff among upper management. There is a very negative morale in the facility among employees. The corporation does not provides the resources needed to do a quality job. Patient care is not priority.

Please read your mission statement. Patient care is and should be priority. Give your nurses what they need, please.

316 Other Employee Reviews for Kindred Healthcare (View Most Recent)

A great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare

Pros

Good compensation/wages: good, strong senior management that is focused on the business: internal advancement opportunities both within and across teams.

Cons

Health benefit package is standard at best. Some team performance requirements are stressful on personal life. As a growth company, staffing increases don't come as fast as the work load.

Work harder at rewarding employees. If employees are your strength, do things to prove that philosophy. There are little things that can be done to make work a fun place to be. If you are having fun, you don't notice how hard you are working.

No balance allowed for family life

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Dyer, IN
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Dyer, IN

I worked at Kindred Healthcare

Pros

Pay and benefits were okay

Cons

There is a tolerance by Regional leaders to allow district leaders to be demeaning and threatening to facility staff to the point that good people choose to leave. People get promoted who have serious attendance issues while those that work their a** off, get reprimanded and belittled. I gave several years of my life to a facility that allowed leaders to tear a lot of good people down and keep the mediocre and poor performers happy....especially if they are friends of administration....I wish I had the courage to send in my exit interview, but don't want to be blacklisted.....

look at your district leaders....value good people when you have them, don't play HR games to get good people to quit, we eventually decide to leave on our own when there is no support

There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare

Worked for Kindred Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!