Kindred Healthcare
www.kindredhealthcare.com Louisville, KY 5000+ Employees

Discouraged but not defeated.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
Dover, NH

ProsThe type of nursing is very physically and emotionally challenging. The type of patients have so many different needs. Most of the patients we take care of go home, this is very satisfying, as this is a team effort with PT, OT, ST, SS, and of course, nursing. The patients we get to take care of, are usually there for awhile, so we get to know them, therefore we are able to more accurately assess their needs in a more timely manner. There are so many people I work with that are such caring and compassionate individuals, it is inspiring. There are many people that are so hardworking, it inspires me to continue to do so.

ConsI know that nurses with less experience than myself are making more money. There needs to be strict salary guidelines based on experience. An experienced nurse with a good attitude is an asset. I have worked for more than three years and have never received an evaluation. I know that there have been male nurses making more than me, saw the paychecks because they showed me at various times. I am happy for them, and do not resent them for it, however I am not too happy for myself. I am sure this happens everywhere, but it needs to stop.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, make sure everyone is getting paid a fair salary. Give your employees yearly evaluations. What kind of example do you show your employees when you do not do this. The message could be that you do not respect what they offer. Constructive criticism along with praise, is meaningful. If you do not take the time to do your job, how can you expect that from your employees? If you do not have the time, initiate peer evaluations. Give this a chance, it works. I try to never go a shift without sincerely complimenting my nurses aid, and/or a therapist. If you are in a bad mood, do not let this show. Your employees are looking up to you. You set the mood, and you set the pace. You have a lot of people dedicated to a very difficult job, they look up to you. Be mindful of that.

If you want to be a drone, this is the place to be.

Training Developer (Current Employee)
    Louisville, KY

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare

Pros: Salary is not acceptable. Central location. Cons: The management in my particular area is completely dysfunctional. There is a disconcerting lack of integrity. The good employees leave, are chased out or let… Advice to Senior Management: Put in place an evaluation system that allows employees to evaluate their managers. Ask staff… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Given the corporate expectations workload is very high at Kindred.

Director of Quality Management (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

I worked at Kindred Healthcare

Pros: Stable well established company that is a leader in the… Cons: A lot of top down pressure to perform at a certain level but limited resources with which to meet the… Advice to Senior Management: Provide more training for this position. It is one of… More
There are newer reviews on Kindred Healthcare.

Worked for Kindred Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kindred Healthcare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kindred Healthcare CEO Paul J. Diaz. All reviews posted anonymously by Kindred Healthcare employees.