Kindred Healthcare
www.kindredhealthcare.com Louisville, KY 5000+ Employees

Management - TRAIN your staff

Social Service Specialist (Former Employee)
Larkspur, CA

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time for less than a year

ProsTransitional care means changing patients, most of whom are grateful for the care. Long terms nurses are dedicated and excellent. Psychologist is on top of his game.

ConsThe mix of LTC and rehab is a challenge to balance. While Kaiser is responsive to staff, many private doctors are aloof and need prodding to respond to requests.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your new staff; be willing to invest in the people you hire

Worst job I ever had

Licensed Practical Nurse/Unit Secretary (Former Employee)
Raleigh, NC

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: They will hire anybody. They have benefits.Locations all over. It's a 24/7 provider, if you are an important person, or have money, you will be… Cons: Poor training, especially for new grads. Administrator and management staff very abusive to staff, lots of yelling. You can be fired for no reason,… Advice to Senior Management: Learn to take responsibility for mistakes, and actually fix things instead of hiding… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

way understaffed. Poor equipment. Watch out.

Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee)
Louisville, KY

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Pros? Well, I liked the people I worked with. The Patients appreciated… Cons: Equipment and alarm failures for their ventilator connections. broke computers. way understaffed. The clinical officer lady (kinda had an attitude towards the CRTs and RRTs,… Advice to Senior Management: Would've been nice if they had put someone in charge of the respiratory dept. from the Kindred downtown instead of bringing in an outsider. It… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Kindred Healthcare.

Worked for Kindred Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kindred Healthcare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kindred Healthcare CEO Paul J. Diaz. All reviews posted anonymously by Kindred Healthcare employees.