There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare

Good but lots of changes ahead due to budget and building cuts

Current Employee - Registered Dietitian in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Registered Dietitian in Boston, MA

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Always looking to hire within. Support from corporate is great they make themselves present in the buildings/locations. I like the training they provide and support from corporate members. Dieticians from other buildings really support each other so you always feel you have someone to bounce off of. Overall good company

Cons

Support from corporate is great they make themselves present in the buildings/locations. However recent layoffs in New England corporate office has changed that:-( My boss who I adored is now on my "level" if you want to call it that. But her original position wasn't replaced so that support system has "broken down" she was the liasion that helped advocate for us.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Has EVERYONE receiving therapy whether they need it or not. Directors meetings all about getting more people on therapy

Current Employee - Director of Rehabilitation in Lafayette, IN
    Current Employee - Director of Rehabilitation in Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing good to say, sorry.

Cons

See above. Patients are machines to make money for Kindred.

Worst job I ever had

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse/Unit Secretary in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse/Unit Secretary in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They will hire anybody. They have benefits.Locations all over. It's a 24/7 provider, if you are an important person, or have money, you will be treated better than someone with less. They do have priority patients. For what it's worth they do have an employee hotline, but not sure it's private.

Cons

Poor training, especially for new grads. Administrator and management staff very abusive to staff, lots of yelling. You can be fired for no reason, they make one up and then don't fight unemployment. Regional and Corporate people don't try to improve anything, just sweep things under the rug and make sure it stays buried. Lots of favortism. Management can be very unprofessional in their speech. Staff doesn't usually work well with each other, lots of infighting and jockeying to be a "favorite." They don't follow their own corporate rules. Even if you have a doctors note to be off work, the DON may still fire you for being absent.

Advice to Management

Learn to take responsibility for mistakes, and actually fix things instead of hiding it. Learn to treat your staff better. Stop tolerating bullyiong in the work place.