Kindred Healthcare

There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare

kindred rn supervisor

Current Employee - Nursing Supervisor (RN) in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Nursing Supervisor (RN) in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great to see acutely ill people with chronic medical problems improve. Pt. length of stay allows for deeper understanding of health needs as well as ability to develop deeper understanding of psychosocial needs. Staff has deep level of commitment to pt and families and in providing the best possible care. No visiting hours allows for better family interactions.

Cons

Physically demanding as most pt require assistance with majority of ADL's. Families can be a challenge as they it is difficult to understand the long term effects and prognosis of chronic illness. A lot of times the families live out of town and are insecure with leaving loved ones. More equipment would be so welcomed.

Provide equipment needed to provide timely care and inprove staff satisfaction.

345 Other Employee Reviews for Kindred Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Good but lots of changes ahead due to budget and building cuts

Current Employee - Registered Dietitian in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Registered Dietitian in Boston, MA

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Always looking to hire within. Support from corporate is great they make themselves present in the buildings/locations. I like the training they provide and support from corporate members. Dieticians from other buildings really support each other so you always feel you have someone to bounce off of. Overall good company

Cons

Support from corporate is great they make themselves present in the buildings/locations. However recent layoffs in New England corporate office has changed that:-( My boss who I adored is now on my "level" if you want to call it that. But her original position wasn't replaced so that support system has "broken down" she was the liasion that helped advocate for us.

Management - TRAIN your staff

Former Employee - Social Service Specialist in Larkspur, CA
    Former Employee - Social Service Specialist in Larkspur, CA

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Transitional care means changing patients, most of whom are grateful for the care. Long terms nurses are dedicated and excellent. Psychologist is on top of his game.

Cons

The mix of LTC and rehab is a challenge to balance. While Kaiser is responsive to staff, many private doctors are aloof and need prodding to respond to requests.

Train your new staff; be willing to invest in the people you hire

There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare