Kindred Healthcare

www.kindredhealthcare.com

Worst job I ever had

Licensed Practical Nurse/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsThey will hire anybody. They have benefits.Locations all over. It's a 24/7 provider, if you are an important person, or have money, you will be treated better than someone with less. They do have priority patients. For what it's worth they do have an employee hotline, but not sure it's private.

ConsPoor training, especially for new grads. Administrator and management staff very abusive to staff, lots of yelling. You can be fired for no reason, they make one up and then don't fight unemployment. Regional and Corporate people don't try to improve anything, just sweep things under the rug and make sure it stays buried. Lots of favortism. Management can be very unprofessional in their speech. Staff doesn't usually work well with each other, lots of infighting and jockeying to be a "favorite." They don't follow their own corporate rules. Even if you have a doctors note to be off work, the DON may still fire you for being absent.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to take responsibility for mistakes, and actually fix things instead of hiding it. Learn to treat your staff better. Stop tolerating bullyiong in the work place.

way understaffed. Poor equipment. Watch out.

Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Pros? Well, I liked the people I worked with. The Patients appreciated… Cons: Equipment and alarm failures for their ventilator connections. broke computers. way understaffed. The clinical officer lady (kinda had an attitude towards the CRTs and RRTs,… Advice to Senior Management: Would've been nice if they had put someone in charge of the respiratory dept. from the Kindred downtown instead of bringing in an outsider. It… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good Company

Systems Programmer (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros: Nice facilities at the Corporated HQ building. Company tries to help with work/life balance by giving adequate PTO and occasionally closing for a half… Cons: With the economy and uncertain reimbursement from the government for healthcare companies, the company has had to make cuts by not matching 401K, freezing raises… Advice to Senior Management: Watch the workload you are putting on employees. Lose… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Kindred Healthcare.

Worked for Kindred Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!