Kindred Healthcare
www.kindredhealthcare.com Louisville, KY 5000+ Employees

Satisfied; I was with RehabCare when it merged with Kindred

Program Director (Former Employee)
Jacksonville, FL

ProsNational company; as I mentioned previously, I was working with RehabCare when the merger with Kindred went through, which only consolidated its market share by expanding it in acute care as well as LTC setting.

ConsThe only reason I left after almost 6 years was, in my opinion, my immediate superior and her supervisor were losing the main focus of patient care and it was becoming all about the "numbers" and profit all the time. Being in management since 1999, I thought I knew (and, I was running the book of business well) the drill, however, it wasn't "enough' for these two. Hence, I parted ways.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees

Licenesed Practical Nurse

Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee)
    Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros: this job will give you lots of expericene Cons: micromanagement and unconcerned with employees Advice to Senior Management: was told by CEO "We should be lucky to have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

kindred rn supervisor

Nursing Supervisor (RN) (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great to see acutely ill people with chronic medical problems improve. Pt. length of stay allows for deeper understanding of health needs as well… Cons: Physically demanding as most pt require assistance with majority of ADL's. Families can be a challenge as they it is difficult to understand the… Advice to Senior Management: Provide equipment needed to provide timely care and inprove staff… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Kindred Healthcare.

Worked for Kindred Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kindred Healthcare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kindred Healthcare CEO Paul J. Diaz. All reviews posted anonymously by Kindred Healthcare employees.