There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare

bulling that is the word and the work load is too much for type of license we hold to much

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Danville, KY
Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Danville, KY

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The residents are wonderful and most of the employees and the polices and pay are good. We have good things to work with just are being bullied around by people who have barbaric and ancient idea's and are scared to lose power. They know these things are not working any more they just don't want to admit it. They cover up stuff to corporate.

Cons

bullies!!! it is a recycling bind that is years old and needs cleaning out!!! It need fresh new ideas and people at the top!!!

Advice to Management

Clean out the recycling bind clean out the old get some new managment all of them new fresh ideas new people all of them need out on the floor or out the door in all the facilities it sounds like it I thought it was just in mine but from reading it is all around. Get some new ideas.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mandan, ND
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mandan, ND

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The corporate officers seem to have good values.

Cons

They hire officers with no experience and will fire anyone randomly without just cause. Employees can lie about their supervisors and the supervisor will be terminated immediately. The employees that lie will then be offered that job position. If you have no morals you can get far with this company.

Advice to Management

Exit interviews will help to find out what is going on and why there is so much turnover. They should be conducted by someone at the corporate level as the lower level hr managers get bonus's under the table for not reporting violations.

Unfortunately this place has gone down hill

Current Employee - IT Drone At the Headquarters in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - IT Drone At the Headquarters in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Really the people that we work with are the best thing about the job. I extremely enjoy what I do and the work/life balance is right. The original compensation package that I got (5 years ago) was very good for those times. Some of the senior management actually care about their people and what they do.

Cons

Kindred is suffering through govt. reimbursement challenges and significant reductions. I understand that his is a business so money must be made. If this comes through cuts in operations then so be it. What does executive management decide to do? in order to "save" jobs they cut benefits and perks significantly thus pissing everybody off. When I first joined the company 5 years ago, the benefits were not good, so I negotiated a great pay package. Now because I have only gotten one raise in 5 years and benefits have been cut significantly (health benefits are HORRIBLE now) I'm in essence taking a paycut (along every body else in the company). It is time to move on. If you are perspective employee, you should make sure you understand that the health benefits are terrible, and they don't pay a cent until you have met the deductible (including having to pay full price for prescriptions!) and then it only covers 80%. In other words, this insurance is only to be used in case of a catastrophe. Understand that if you or a family member have any kind of health issue, you will be paying up to $9000 a year in out of pocket costs (and that is after paying over $500 a month in premiums!).

Advice to Management

If you have to cut somewhere, why don't you conduct layoffs? There is plenty of dead driftwood (worthless employees) in this company. By reducing benefits and employee perks you are basically telling the people that have any decent skills to go get another job (the dead driftwood will hang on no matter how bad the benefits). By conducting your "save the jobs" policies, you are in essence dooming the company to retain the bottom of the barrel people while the good ones leave. Your policies are killing morale and all of the people that I have spoken with at Kindred agree that they would all rather go through layoffs than this horrible slow death by a 1000 cuts.