Kindred Healthcare

There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare

I love Kindred

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people you work with are wonderful and caring.
This is the best place I have ever worked!

Cons

Cuts on employees benefits and Executive still getting their huge bonus.

Eliminate the Executive Bonus
Trim the Executive Salary
Create a Pay for Performance culture for Indivdual Contributors and managers

Revisit the bonus plan and adjust across the board

384 Other Employee Reviews for Kindred Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Big company buys little company and employees.... goodbye benefits

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time

Pros

Nothing! I have hated it every day since Kindred bought out RehabCare its just completely tanked since then. Took away 6 vacation days per yer.

Cons

Terrible health insurance!! and I mean terrible its not a health insurance plan its a disaster plan! Pay freezes, no 401K match. But we better work our butts off to maintain productivity or we will get talked to if the company isnt making top dollar!

Maybe our ceo making 6 million per year could afford to get us some reasonable health insurance

Worse place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Greenfield, IN
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Greenfield, IN

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity to get close to your patients and their families-making a difference. The few dedicated fellow employees that truly care are a joy to work with.

Cons

This company only cares about money .we are always scrounging for supplies, and consistently shortstaffed. Bullying not only allowed but practiced from the don on down. If you complain about anything you are marked and targeted.Calls to corporate office are met with threats of retaliation such as transfer to the worst units as they try and sniff out the complainers. Forced overtime is the norm if you have a dot by your name and someone calls in for the next shift you have to stay or get fired. They say you will know two weeks ahead of time when your dot days are but no on call pay so those with second jobs or babysitters are forced to assume they will be staying aka be on call.Every possible perk has been stripped from their regular employees and health insurance the bare minimum and costs go up every year. My family must now pay 4000.00 out of pocket before receiving any benefits other than yearly checkups. Only positive to working here is job security if you are one of the chosen one's.

Listen to your employees, surely the corporate compliance number posted gets to someone in corporate when employees call ? Get new management !! This crew is the worst I've ever seen in the last twelve years .

There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare