Kindred Healthcare

There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare

definitely a healthcare job

Current Employee - Neuro Rehab Aide in Great Barrington, MA
Current Employee - Neuro Rehab Aide in Great Barrington, MA

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

salary is pretty decent in healthcare standards

Cons

such a big company,it doesn't have to respect the employees that it employs.

respect your employees at all levels. remember that healthcare is a service industry and that people should come before the bottom line.

373 Other Employee Reviews for Kindred Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Terrible, Terrible Company. Did I mention Terrible?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time

Pros

You get a paycheck every 2 weeks

Cons

After reading many of these reviews it sounds like most Kindred facilities are the same, which is unfortunate. I understand this is a business, but a hospital should not be driven by profits. We are dealing with people's lives, and it's not something to be taken lightly. I have experienced things here, that I never expected to see happen in a hospital setting, things that should never happen in a hospital setting. Kindred excels at finding the worst managers. I'm pretty sure they must hire them from Craigslist. They are incompetent, and have no idea how to connect with employees. At least 50 people have quit since I have been working here, and I haven't even been here that long. The benefits, if you can call them that, are preposterous. I would rather not have insurance than pay $400 a month for nothing. Pretty much every day that I go to work I hope to be fired, so I can get unemployment. There are no bonuses, no matching on 401, and really no rewards of any kind. There really is no incentive to do a good job.

Quit and find something else to do because you obviously have no idea what you're doing. I'm pretty sure most of them could not manage their way out of a box. This company will definitely not be around forever.

Great company where most people treat you like close friends.

Former Employee - IT Related in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - IT Related in Louisville, KY

I worked at Kindred Healthcare as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Savvy leadership, clear guidance on expectations and boundaries.

Cons

Different IT development/implementation structure than at most companies so it is somewhat confusing for new staff when they join. They are expecting to figure this out when they come on board since just like patient care, there is little/zero tolerance for error.

The environment could be improved with better coaching of staff and less churn.

There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare