There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare

Established sytems and supports

Current Employee - ExecutiveDirector
Current Employee - ExecutiveDirector

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Experienced Clinical Supports
Cutting edge technology
Above avg pay scales

Cons

benefit package
recruitment
locations of service - rural

Take care of those that are your front line service

317 Other Employee Reviews for Kindred Healthcare (View Most Recent)

The intentions of the company are good, but pay is going down due to hours being cut and pitiful PTO benefits

Current Employee - Dietitian  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Dietitian in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Employees are all friendly

Cons

The benefits have gone down hill

Allow more PTO time so your workers do not get burned out. 8 days of Vacation/Sick Time yearly is pathetic.
    The pay is better than my last job but I question if it was worth losing all of my benefits
    3 weeks PTO/Vaca, 7 sick days yearly, 8 holidays, 2 personal days, great education reimbursement etc...Kindred continues to cut and cut and eventually will have no good employees left.

Terrible, Terrible Company. Did I mention Terrible?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time

Pros

You get a paycheck every 2 weeks

Cons

After reading many of these reviews it sounds like most Kindred facilities are the same, which is unfortunate. I understand this is a business, but a hospital should not be driven by profits. We are dealing with people's lives, and it's not something to be taken lightly. I have experienced things here, that I never expected to see happen in a hospital setting, things that should never happen in a hospital setting. Kindred excels at finding the worst managers. I'm pretty sure they must hire them from Craigslist. They are incompetent, and have no idea how to connect with employees. At least 50 people have quit since I have been working here, and I haven't even been here that long. The benefits, if you can call them that, are preposterous. I would rather not have insurance than pay $400 a month for nothing. Pretty much every day that I go to work I hope to be fired, so I can get unemployment. There are no bonuses, no matching on 401, and really no rewards of any kind. There really is no incentive to do a good job.

Quit and find something else to do because you obviously have no idea what you're doing. I'm pretty sure most of them could not manage their way out of a box. This company will definitely not be around forever.

There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare

Worked for Kindred Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!