There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare

Established sytems and supports

Current Employee - ExecutiveDirector
Current Employee - ExecutiveDirector

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Experienced Clinical Supports
Cutting edge technology
Above avg pay scales

Cons

benefit package
recruitment
locations of service - rural

Take care of those that are your front line service

reviews filtered by
  1. The intentions of the company are good, but pay is going down due to hours being cut and pitiful PTO benefits

Current Employee - Dietitian in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Dietitian in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Employees are all friendly

Cons

The benefits have gone down hill

Allow more PTO time so your workers do not get burned out. 8 days of Vacation/Sick Time yearly is pathetic.
    The pay is better than my last job but I question if it was worth losing all of my benefits
    3 weeks PTO/Vaca, 7 sick days yearly, 8 holidays, 2 personal days, great education reimbursement etc...Kindred continues to cut and cut and eventually will have no good employees left.

Too understaffed and over worked to do proper patient care.

Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

We don't have to answer pages to an ER,and you do get to know and care about familymembers and patients'.

Cons

Inadequate staffing
    Workloads that are dangerous to patients and impossible to carry out
    Management is not in touch with what staff who are working the floors have to contend with, & they are too tied up in constant "meetings" to assist staff.-typical middle management.
    There is no one to go to with any problems about workloads,or important issues, etc. The managers just nod and smile and nothing changes.If you try to go to the top then you are called into the office and scorned.
    Absolutely no backing of employess under any circumstances!
    Never have meds we need,equipment, or supplies. So cheap they even removed beverages from thre floors for patients! Patients' must call for every milk or coke! Sometimes the kitchen has time to bring it to them and sometimes not! Cafeteria isn't open very long and is closed at night.
    When we FINALLY have a day "once in a while" where we have staff, to do a good job-they budget someone! It is then the staff who are blamed for poor care and/or neglect, when it's those above, who won't give us enough help! Most employees "want" to take good care of their patients but just can't! I have seen many staff members in tears trying to achieve.
    The list could go on but you get the idea. The morale is very low,and no one wants to work extra to help because of the stress level there.Survey after survey they are told how it is but it doesn't really improve. :(

PLEASE try and walk in your employees shoes, and take time to see what is going on,and try and CHANGE things for the better-not just say,"My hands are tied".
    Talk to staff politely.
    A pat on the back occasionally is a good motivater.

There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare