Kindred Healthcare

www.kindredhealthcare.com

Worse place I've ever worked

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Greenfield, IN

ProsOpportunity to get close to your patients and their families-making a difference. The few dedicated fellow employees that truly care are a joy to work with.

ConsThis company only cares about money .we are always scrounging for supplies, and consistently shortstaffed. Bullying not only allowed but practiced from the don on down. If you complain about anything you are marked and targeted.Calls to corporate office are met with threats of retaliation such as transfer to the worst units as they try and sniff out the complainers. Forced overtime is the norm if you have a dot by your name and someone calls in for the next shift you have to stay or get fired. They say you will know two weeks ahead of time when your dot days are but no on call pay so those with second jobs or babysitters are forced to assume they will be staying aka be on call.Every possible perk has been stripped from their regular employees and health insurance the bare minimum and costs go up every year. My family must now pay 4000.00 out of pocket before receiving any benefits other than yearly checkups. Only positive to working here is job security if you are one of the chosen one's.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, surely the corporate compliance number posted gets to someone in corporate when employees call ? Get new management !! This crew is the worst I've ever seen in the last twelve years .

Kindred has lost some very good nurses!

Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Staff was doing a great job building a strong team. Few call offs,… Cons: Poor communication from Adminstrator and DON to staff Reluctance to support… Advice to Senior Management: You just about need to close the place it has… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Terrible! I still haven't been paid! I will not be working with this company any longer!

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare part-time for less than a year

Pros: There are no pros (from my experience) with this company. Cons: Not being paid, poor management, you can't get an answer… Advice to Senior Management: Pay your employees! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Kindred Healthcare.

Worked for Kindred Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!