Kindred Healthcare

There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare

You work HARD, You will learn ALOT

Current Employee - Nursing Supervisor (RN) in Windsor, CT
Current Employee - Nursing Supervisor (RN) in Windsor, CT

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Rate of pay is higher , Staff works well together and depends on each other to get job done, Staff will end up your closest friends as they are your main support.

Cons

Corporate needs a huge overhaul,They need to take compassion training, Benefits recently changed and they are horrible, the deductible is one of the highest I have heard of in my area.Systems are repetitive,( But they have them. I give them that.)

When writing a policy maybe personally try to execute it before you implement it?

345 Other Employee Reviews for Kindred Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Worst Healthcare company in America

Current Employee - Production in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Production in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

production employees RN's ,LPN's, CNA's all work very hard.

Cons

This company does not care for its employees especially the ones providing the care and creating the money, It is cutbacks, no raises, no bonuses for the production employees but all the office staff continue to get the hours, benefits and are treated as the best employees.

There is no management. They draw the money but do not function. This Company lets underling office types call the shots and dictate without recourse. The "HOT LINE" for reporting problems is a JOKE. This company uses the "HOT LINE" to get rid of there whistle blowers. They give out surveys without the mail in envelopes and tell you to turn them back in and they will put them in the envelope. I'm sure the negative ones are reviewed and maybe the worst never makes it to the envelope.

Greedy executives

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good people to work with. Some high quality management as long as you stay away from the executives

Cons

Greedy execs. Horrible benefits. Take away some bonuses while padding executive pockets. No raises. Maybe they just want us to keep quitting. Ben is not the man I want running this place once Paul turns over the reins.

Hire some good execs (even though your track record in this area stinks) and quit. Go ruin another company. This place used to be great.

There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare