Kindred Healthcare

www.kindredhealthcare.com
  www.kindredhealthcare.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare

Great job, great colleagues, great work environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stoughton, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stoughton, MA

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very understanding of work/life balance, which makes me hopeful that I can be loyal to this organization for a long time to come and potentially grow with the organization. It seems to me that there are tons of growth opportunities if you are willing to work hard and perhaps work at different locations (which is not challenging given how big and spread out Kindred is). Kindred seems to be a very forward-thinking organization, while maintaining a commitment to provide compassionate and world-class post-acute care to patients. Patients and families generally are incredibly pleased with the care they receive at Kindred, which makes me glad to work here.

Cons

While I appreciate not being micro-managed and that full faith is put in me to develop and execute plans and hold myself accountable, some more direction and feedback would be appreciated. I occassionally feel under-utilized in my role.

Regularly schedule meetings between all employees with their supervisors would be beneficial to ensure accountability, feedback and understanding of work activitires and growth potential.

345 Other Employee Reviews for Kindred Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Great department, poor health benefits, great office, qualified management

Former Employee - Analyst in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Analyst in Louisville, KY

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The corporate office is very nice and in a great location. The salary was pretty good and the working hours were consistent. All of the employees I dealt with were very well qualified.

Cons

Being a large company, things moved pretty slow, and there was a lot a red tape.

It seemed like Kindred was always pushing a new initiative. It might be good to just be consistent with the most important things.

Overworked and underpaid

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I worked with some very talented, friendly people

Cons

-No raises, I worked there 6 years and made less when I left then when I started
    -Overworked, I would work 10 -12 hours day to stay afloat and OT is discouraged, working more hours then your time card states is standard
    -Not getting paycheck on time or at all, there were many incidents where a bonus was earned and we would not it see it for months after the promised date, or my bi monthly paycheck would not show up in my bank account for some reason and I had to be mailed a check
    -Management rules by fear, you never feel secure or stable in your position "You're lucky you have a job" is the motto here
    -Horrible health benefits
    -Benefits cuts happen often

Focus on moral for your employees

There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare