Kindred Healthcare

www.kindredhealthcare.com

Great job, great colleagues, great work environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Stoughton, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stoughton, MA

Pros

Very understanding of work/life balance, which makes me hopeful that I can be loyal to this organization for a long time to come and potentially grow with the organization. It seems to me that there are tons of growth opportunities if you are willing to work hard and perhaps work at different locations (which is not challenging given how big and spread out Kindred is). Kindred seems to be a very forward-thinking organization, while maintaining a commitment to provide compassionate and world-class post-acute care to patients. Patients and families generally are incredibly pleased with the care they receive at Kindred, which makes me glad to work here.

Cons

While I appreciate not being micro-managed and that full faith is put in me to develop and execute plans and hold myself accountable, some more direction and feedback would be appreciated. I occassionally feel under-utilized in my role.

Regularly schedule meetings between all employees with their supervisors would be beneficial to ensure accountability, feedback and understanding of work activitires and growth potential.

Other reviews for Kindred Healthcare

The management cares nothing about the staff!

Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Louisville, KY

Pros

There are patients who truly need your care and they are appreciative.

Cons

WAY understaffed! No one backs employees. No positive feedback ever!

LEARN how to treat people! Employees aren't puppets-they are people with feelings! Say THANK YOU once in a while! Put yourselves in employees shoes!

.Current management does not care about the employees...ice anyone?

Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist  in  La Mirada, CA
    Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in La Mirada, CA

Pros

The RT staff does an excellent job here inspite of the way they are treated...

Cons

Current management recently moved the respiratory therapy dept into the Ice machine room. They took the respiratory dept. away from the therapists and relocated them in an ice machine room that is improperly vented and the room is stiffling hot. They took the computer away, allow staff and family members to enter office with private patient information in plain view. The state was called about current working conditions.(extreme heat and not enough ventilation) The state asked them to rectify the problems. Our COO had a meeting and told the staff she would remove the ice machine, change lock on the door(there has been recent theft) and add a PC. two days later she took it all back and said she was not going to do the things she agreed to. Respiratory is vital to this hospital and does an excellent job inspite of the disrespect they show the employees.The perdiem rate has been lowered to $22.00 dollars an hour..What?!!!.Rt's were making that wage 10 years ago.unbelievable, as economy is so poor and prices still keep going up. The Rt market is flooded here in CA with new grads looking for work and the old timers can't retire..so I believe Kindred is taking advantage of this and pushing the better paid therapists out the door so they can hire two new grads for the price of one.. All staff has not received raises in two yrs. but managers receive bonuses as they tell the staff to stay home and loose pay..And patient care suffers because the work loads keep increasing.How can one RT keep 18 people breathing and safe? very hard to do here.So they make money on the state insurance from the patient and on the Rt and Nursing salaries as they cancel them.i believe the profit lies in taking as much insurance money and providing the least amount of care.such a conflict of interest as they brag they are a fortune 500 company and yet care so little for the staff.

Practice what you preach...listen to your employees(we are the ones in the trenches) and help to make their jobs easier by creating a more comfortable,supportive,co-hesive work enviornment.

There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare.

Worked for Kindred Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!