There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare

a place you can learn a lot

Former Intern - Physical Therapy Student in Shoreline, WA
Former Intern - Physical Therapy Student in Shoreline, WA

I worked at Kindred Healthcare as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I had an internship in the company and I would say this is a good place to start with where you can see a diverse things. The department I was interninig is good. The manage is nice and my CI is awesome

Cons

I could say many negative things about this company because this is my first internship. Something might be normal even I didn't feel that way. I will be able to tell more after all my internships

reviews filtered by

Used to be a great company, now focused on standardization and profit

Former Employee - Multiple in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Multiple in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great experiences to learn new skills
    There are some great people that work in the company.

Cons

District and Regional staff are out of touch and sometimes very nasty.
    They do not objectively review issues.
    They were a much better as a smaller company.
    Patient care is not a high priority anymore. The just want all the business.

Advice to Management

Follow your mission and vision statements!

2. Great job, great colleagues, great work environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stoughton, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stoughton, MA

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very understanding of work/life balance, which makes me hopeful that I can be loyal to this organization for a long time to come and potentially grow with the organization. It seems to me that there are tons of growth opportunities if you are willing to work hard and perhaps work at different locations (which is not challenging given how big and spread out Kindred is). Kindred seems to be a very forward-thinking organization, while maintaining a commitment to provide compassionate and world-class post-acute care to patients. Patients and families generally are incredibly pleased with the care they receive at Kindred, which makes me glad to work here.

Cons

While I appreciate not being micro-managed and that full faith is put in me to develop and execute plans and hold myself accountable, some more direction and feedback would be appreciated. I occassionally feel under-utilized in my role.

Advice to Management

Regularly schedule meetings between all employees with their supervisors would be beneficial to ensure accountability, feedback and understanding of work activitires and growth potential.

There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare