There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare

Long term acute care

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Beaver, PA
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Beaver, PA

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoy seeing the progression of the patient who presents with acute and chronic illnesses. Hopefully they will move onward to rehab or home with discharge. It is nice to see continuity of care. This type of population tends to experience multiple health problems and I utilize my nursing skills daily. It is easier to note changes with long term acute care patients with same patient assignment.

Cons

Difficult to help some families to adjust to chronic illness and terminal diagnoses. No one wants to go to long term acute care, they wanted to go home. Management not very supportive to staff at current facility where I work.

Management needs to follow better, safer patient care standards. I do not feel like the current management at the particular facility where I work is looking out for either my or the patient's best interest. It feels like they are only looking out for their bonus or status in the corporation. On the other hand, another Kindred I worked at the management team worked side by side with staff and were very hands on with patient involvement. I truly enjoyed working at the latter..

329 Other Employee Reviews for Kindred Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Part time - PTA

Current Employee - PTA in Saginaw, MI
    Current Employee - PTA in Saginaw, MI

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Caring employees - invested in their patients recovery. Quarterly competencies on equipment, transfer methods. Keeps skill levels up.

Cons

Kindred initiated an IPOD system to log in/out patient times - employees can spend up to an hour trying to get all of the patient minutes logged and distributed properly. Feel like micromanagement. Employees pushed to average 85-90% efficiency - yet this ipod system waste time and is RUDE to have to do in front of patients - makes patients feel the focus is on minutes/cost. Barrier with seniors - have to explain we aren't texting and that this actually part of logging them in. THEN we have to duplicate the distribution again in the hospitals computer system.

Get rid of the IPODS! Hire a Patient Care Coordinator. The DOR micromanages the department and is NURSE not a PT and does not understand the time and investment into a patients recovery that a PT has. It is not the same. Initiate a 360 review of managers.

Good

Former Employee - Chg Nse, Sdc, MDS in Saugus, MA
    Former Employee - Chg Nse, Sdc, MDS in Saugus, MA

I worked at Kindred Healthcare (more than 10 years)

Pros

Comfortable atmosphere, I worked for Kindred for 12 years.

Cons

none, thought it was time to move on.

There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare