Kindred Healthcare

There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare

Always short staffed.

Former Employee - CNA in Denver, CO
Former Employee - CNA in Denver, CO

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Most of my supervising nurses deeply cared about the CNA's and the patients they cared for. Most of the other CNA's took personal pride in the care they provided,and created very team oriented atmosphere.

Cons

Corporate didn't seem interested in quality patient care, or rewarding the employees that continuously provided it. We were always under staffed, but were expected to complete all the tasks expected from a full staff.

Bring back temp staffing, even if just once a week, so nursing can keep up with non-resident related tasks. Instead of pocketing the expense saved from hiring a full staff, use the money towards bonuses for those that are doing the extra work.

386 Other Employee Reviews for Kindred Healthcare (View Most Recent)

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time

Pros

For the most part, a very rewarding place to work.

Cons

"leads" are encouraged to take advantage of any staff beneath them by taking credit for their accomplishments

Rehabcare/Kindred

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent facility, flexable hours but not sure that is a pro really flexable sometimes means not many hours. Time off if you can accrue it

Cons

No raises, horrible insurance, poor regional management. While clinical staff in the field struggle with the horrible billing system there is very little training to help with the transition.

Upper managment really needs to pay more attention to what the regional levels are doing. Comprimising staff training, cutting cost that not only infuriate employees but actually hinder us from being more productive. I actually do not think that it is the mission of Kindred I DO think it is greed from lower level managers.

There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare