Kindred Healthcare
www.kindredhealthcare.com Louisville, KY 5000+ Employees

Always short staffed.

CNA (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time for more than a year

ProsMost of my supervising nurses deeply cared about the CNA's and the patients they cared for. Most of the other CNA's took personal pride in the care they provided,and created very team oriented atmosphere.

ConsCorporate didn't seem interested in quality patient care, or rewarding the employees that continuously provided it. We were always under staffed, but were expected to complete all the tasks expected from a full staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back temp staffing, even if just once a week, so nursing can keep up with non-resident related tasks. Instead of pocketing the expense saved from hiring a full staff, use the money towards bonuses for those that are doing the extra work.

Great pay but horrible impersonal management

Social Services Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros: compensation, flexible schedule, residents were great Cons: all they do is gossip Advice to Senior Management: try taking your own advice No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Review of kindred

Wound Certified RN (Current Employee)
Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Very committed to it's employees and patients. Strong business… Cons: No raises for nurses for the past 3 or 4 years. Kind of delayed in technology. Don't have a… Advice to Senior Management: I need a raise. Cost of living is a killer Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Kindred Healthcare.

Worked for Kindred Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kindred Healthcare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kindred Healthcare CEO Paul J. Diaz. All reviews posted anonymously by Kindred Healthcare employees.