Kindred Healthcare

www.kindredhealthcare.com
  www.kindredhealthcare.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare

Challenging patient population but a tremendously rewarding experience.

Current Employee - Registered Dietitian in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Registered Dietitian in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great leadership team, not micro-managed, Team work, patient centered care.

Cons

Loosing pay -in lieu of benefits, no matching contribution to 401K

Bring back matching contributions to 401K

335 Other Employee Reviews for Kindred Healthcare (View Most Recent)

HORRIBLE!!!

Former Employee - RN (Registered Nurse ASN) in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - RN (Registered Nurse ASN) in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Kindred Healthcare part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best thing about working at Kindred Tucson is the people I work with. Most of them are very dedicated to the patients. Pay is pretty good but the benefits are not that great.

Cons

Where to start.....they use a type of nursing called functional nursing, or team nursing. This means one team consists of 10-12 patients, one RN, one LPN, and one CNA. The acuity of the patients is usually pretty high. The RN is responsible for the entire team (their license is at steak) and delegates tasks appropriately. The problem with this system is it is physically impossible to get your job done (and the whole teams job) in twelve hours....so now you have patients upset with the facility because we do not have time to help them with their ADL's. We are ALWAYS busy charting and doing some sort of paperwork. I brought this to managements attention on several different occasions and it seemed like they just blew me off. They would rather write up their employees than actually fix the issue. I did not feel like a person working there, rather another nurse just taking patients. I went into nursing to help with the healing process....not to tell patients "I do not have time". I used to drive home crying every morning wondering if I missed something and if I did, did I mess up the patients well being? Patients are not safe in this type of environment. It is awful.

Listen to your clinical staff. You guys make ALL the rules but have NO experience on the floor. That makes no sense in any way.

Some great managers, but morale is low and opportunities for advancement are rare.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are some excellent managers and good team players working at Kindred.

Cons

Many of the good people are leaving, due to lack of compensation and opportunities for advancement.
    Forced to use old technologies because they are slow to change and adapt.
    Salaried employees work long hours.
    Senior management is very detached from their workforce and concerned solely with profit.

Focus less on acquiring other companies and shareholder value and more on your current employees and patients.

There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare