There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare

This is an organization in transistion.

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good local people, committed team.

Cons

Shake ups in upper management leave the boots on the ground with a sense of being on their own.

Advice to Management

Spend some time on the front lines to find out the needs of your organization.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Travel Tech

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare

Pros

Technical Support to Computers, Travel the Country.

Cons

None. Everything is ok.

Advice to Management

Organization.

I like it here

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time

Pros

Every department seems to be a different experience, however I truly enjoy my department as well as my co-workers and mangers that I report to. It seems that Kindred allows each manager to manage at their discretion. For me, this has been a wonderful thing. I love that we have access to a gym onsite at no cost as well as a cafeteria and coffee shop. For the most part, people are friendly and helpful. My starting salary was competitive.

Cons

Not giving raises for at least the past 3 years is frustrating. Even more frustrating is that we are finally getting a raise, but is next to nothing. Not even a 3% cost of living raise. On top of that, we have had PTO taken from us. If I didn't enjoy what I do and who I work with so much, I would definitely look into going somewhere else. Watching the people at the top make millions and get ridiculous bonuses while we get measly 1% smack in the face raises just isn't good for morale. I'm fortunate enough to not have to get health insurance through Kindred. It is absolutely the worst insurance pricing/coverage packages I've ever seen.

Advice to Management

Take care of your people. Paul does make an attempt to ease the blow of bad news year after year regarding reduced PTO time, increased insurance premiums no raises, ect., by allowing extra time off around the holidays-but that's about it. They should compensate those of us,who don't buy the insurance, for saving them a ton of money. If nothing more than a 1% raise can be given, then at least increase the PTO time.