Great company to work for!

Former Employee - District Director of CDI
Former Employee - District Director of CDI

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Feeling of belonging and being appreciated for your knowledge and expertise by your peers and superiors. Very helpful environment and wanting to always go the next level with providing quality care to their patients. Identifies and trains employees for advancement. Able to work independently, but know that you have a network of peers that you are able to reach out to for assistance.

Cons

Be prepared for frequent change and you will do great.

Other Reviews for Kindred Healthcare

Very good to employees

Former Employee - Clinical Liaison
    Former Employee - Clinical Liaison

I worked at Kindred Healthcare part-time for more than a year

Pros

The people and the pay

Cons

Healthcare is changing and it is getting harder to get patients into the LTACH hospitals.

I am grateful for the opportunity to work for Kindred. It was a great experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Greenfield, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenfield, IN

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They do care about their employees and residents. Strong companies must make tough decisions sometimes in order to maintain financial security. I'd rather skip my raise for a couple of years than have mine and many others' entire positions eliminated due to poor fiscal management. I have seen employees rewarded for a job well done and I have seen employees who make poor decisions and give poor care booted out the door promptly. EVERY healthcare company has had bad employees because there are just some people who are selfish and dishonest and don't care about others enough to be in this line of work. Those employees don't make it at Kindred. As for the benefits...there were no major changes until the Affordable Care Act so where does that blame really lie?

Cons

No real cons...every day has a challenge to overcome but that's life in the workforce.

Try to educate employees further on the why when it comes to those tough decisions. In the employee's mind it may be greed when in reality it is being budget minded to maintain financial health.

There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare.

Worked for Kindred Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!