Kindred Healthcare

Terrible

Former Employee - Certified Nurse Aide in Las Vegas, NV
Former Employee - Certified Nurse Aide in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time

Pros

It's considered a "hospital", but it's basically a skilled nursing facility with trach patients.

Cons

It is very clique ish. If you're not filipino, then don't expect help from anyone. Nurse yelled at me once when I needed help with a patient, CNAs hide, and they stand together in groups. If you don't speak Tagalog, you won't fit in.
Oh, and don't report elderly abuse without doing it anonymously, they will fire you for retaliation.

Treat your CNAs equally.

Kindred Healthcare Response

Jun 18, 2014Human Resources

Given the serious nature of your concerns, the Compliance Department would like for you to provide additional details via the Compliance Hotline at (800) 359-7412.
Sincerely,
Ryan Squire, Senior
... More

345 Other Employee Reviews for Kindred Healthcare (View Most Recent)

It's OK

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare

Pros

Small Hospital makes it easy to get to know people

Cons

Poor benefits, no real way to advance, constant worry about high turn over, patient care is nearly sub par, and too much emphasis on profits over employees

Give more to the employees. Work for them so they can work for you. Benefits that at least match nearby hospitals would be a decent start. But strive for more than just what is "comparable". Make it a place where people want to work because it's a great place to work, not because it's a job.

Don't call compliance

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare

Pros

Coworkers are wonderful caring people . The building had heat and air conditioning. We also have paper towels.

Cons

If you call compliance be prepared to have retaliation by every person in management. Even the worst complaints are ignored and the person they feel is responsible for the call is let go. Convenient "restructuring" as they call it.

What can I say? Perhaps a good house cleaning of middle and upper management is appropriate . Giving bonuses for being the best AH shouldn't be done

There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare