Kindred Healthcare

There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare

A great place to work

Current Employee - CNA in Wareham, MA
Current Employee - CNA in Wareham, MA

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very team-oriented facility. Wages/Compensation are right where they should be and increase annually at a fair rate. The company also has some great benefits such as tuition reimbursement allowing for growth within the company at an ease to my wallet :)

Cons

Other departments could do more to improve the overall cleanliness and conditions of the facility.

Keep up the great work, I really enjoy working here!

345 Other Employee Reviews for Kindred Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Sub Standard Nursing Environment at Kindred Acute Care Hospital

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time

Pros

The staff work together to get the job done the best that they can given that the administration has made the job impossible. The staff really does care about the quality of care. ADNs can still get a job working at Kindred without being treated worse than BSNs.

Cons

3 patients per RN in a 13 bed ICU with no support staff. One RT that moves between the floor and ICU to manage vents. The 4 RNs do total patient care from bed baths to titrating drips which doesn't even leave time to chart. Ancient computer system. Ancient equipment. Not even beds with scales in an ICU. We have to lift them on scale while trying to keep the vent and drips running. High deductible health insurance. No 401K match. No pay raises. They claim self scheduling but you never get the schedule you put in for. I get audited once or twice a shift by one of the following: Clinical Nurse Specialist, Nursing Supervisor, Nurse Manager, Infection Control Nurse, Quality Control, or senior administration (CNO, CEO, ACEO). I knew it was a bad job the day that there were 5 people in the unit auditing the 4 of us that work there. It must be really easy to come in to a unit where the staff is drenched in sweat, alarms going off everywhere, no one has had a break and complain about being late to chart hourly vital signs. True story. August 20th the 4 RNs and 1 RT walk in at 7 to be told that we have to do an emergency chest tube. The Physician is on the way. We have another patient having a seizure. We have to manually count narcotics (no pixis) and get report. The Physician arrives at 7:30 deals with the seizing patient and by 9 PM has the chest tube in. All patients are finally stable. No charting or meds passed yet. At 9:15 a manager shows up to tell us we had mandatory hour long training at 10 and we needed to send 2 nurses. Then proceeds to audit us finding problems in rooms we haven't even had the chance to spend time in. We get everyone turned, get the vents checked and get vitals in the computer. At 10 send 50% of the staff to training. Still not sure how 8 o'clock med pass got done because ICU patients get a lot of meds... Staff member returns at 11 to be called to the office to be written up for not keeping to the 2 hour turn schedules. Our incompetence is causing bed sores. If you interview for an RN position, ask them what the turn over rate is as everyone I work with is actively looking for a new job. That should be the best indicator of what you are getting yourself into.

There are more of you than there are beside RNs taking care of patients. That is a problem.

THE BUCK DOSEN'T STOP HERE KINDRED WANTS IT FIRTHER IN THEIR POCKET

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time

Pros

CONVIENT LOCATION IN THE CITY

Cons

Patients and employees are at thru bottom of Kindred's importance. The almighty dollar is their highest concern. Passing by on the KHAT for minimal staff possible (save a buck), only in house incentive to encourage morale is one lunch ticket, (save a buck), totally ignores Nurse Day Week, not even a verbal acknowledgement (save a buck), took away yearly crawfish boil for employees (save a buck), took away employee of the month incentive $ 1.00, now receives a lunch ticket (save a buck), no raises, (save a buck) *****note upper administration receives their yearly bonuses. No 401K match (save a buck), Horrible medical insurance, must pay full deductible before seeing any physician or receiving prescriptions (save a buck), No acknowledgement WHAT SO EVER for staff from lower management down. If any morale boosters or incentives or given it is to the CEO and possibly other upper administration.Why wound anyone want to work here as attested by extremely high turnover. I cannot say of other Kindred facilities, but Kindred New Orleans is only about the CEO and the almighty buck.

Stop sending people to investigate.the staff. They do not remain long enough to do any harm. Upper administration is running out of people to dump on then fired. Where are they going to hide now. CMS will eventually catch on that patients do not meet requirements. They are just a number in a bed in order to get the almighty dollar!

There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare