Kindred Healthcare

It was what it was.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Kindred Healthcare

Pros

Thoroughly enjoyed the various tasks and having the variety from day to day. Enjoyed interacting with the residents as our facility was located within one of the local Skilled Nursing Facilities.

Cons

The particular management of that time and lack of support from management when issues were raised.

Document everything as you may never know when you wil.l need to come back to that information to protect your position.

343 Other Employee Reviews for Kindred Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Helping People in Healthcare

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare

Pros

Kindred has consistently won "Best Place to Work" and there is a reason. The workplace is very family oriented and the work life balance is excellent. There is very low turnover. Also, if you are looking for a way to make a living and also give back to the community Kindred is very active in volunteer programs that really do make a difference.

Cons

One of the downsides of a company that is great to their employees and has low turnover is complacency and lack of innovation. Kindred is one of the few companies where it is not unusual to see employees stay for 20 or 30 years. This contributes to a protective status-quo culture that is more about protecting territory than embracing change and innovation.

Kindred's leadership has a great vision for the future but usually has the inability to execute quickly because of a lean but inefficient technology infrastructure. I would recommend updating their current IT strategy to trim costs, improve processes, and hire top talent.

Kindred has reputation for over-working staff and understaffing.

Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare

Pros

I have already put in years of service, since 1998, it's close to home, and I like my co-workers.

Cons

Everything is about cost, budget, cut-backs, money. You work with MINIMUM staff for high accuity patients, and they go by cencus. Our bldg is HOT too, because it is old, and you are over-worked, and sweating. Not a fun working environment-very tense,rigid.

Please stop only posting punitive, and threatening MEMOS! Allow some BREATHING space for employees and stop breathing down their backs while they are already too over-worked! Please stop backing families over staff especially when they are known to abuse staff.STOP KNIT-picking!
    It wears people down phys. and mentally. People begin to ask why work so hard, when I am gonna get picked on anyway.

There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare