There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare

Communication is Key to employee staifaction

Current Employee - Therapist  in  Corydon, IN
Current Employee - Therapist in Corydon, IN

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare

Pros

Fellow colleagues support one another and are very team oriented. They have excellent clinical skills and are willing to share their knowledge and expertise to produce the highest level of independence for the patient. The therapits look at the whole picture to treat the whole person. The patient and family or significant other have a significant impact on the direction of their plan of care. The administrator, nursing staff, therapists, social worker and support staff truely care about each patient's well-being and overall quality of life whether they remain at the facility as a resident or return home.

Cons

Not enough hands on professional training on site. Need more workshops and opportunities to grow professionally. Conference calls are great, but need more in depth, hands on continuing education more often through out the year. Therapists need good communication on a regular basis and have a say in regards to what staffing is needed and provided in order to trust management, maintain high productivity and retain good therapists who have been with the company many years.

Better communication on a weekly basis and hire staff appropriately to keep productivity high. If a site is overstaffed, the whole team tends to feel threatened and this impacts job satisfaction and morale.

317 Other Employee Reviews for Kindred Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Has its ups and downs!!!

Former Employee - Medical Social Worker  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Medical Social Worker in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Kindred Healthcare

Pros

Great team work and patient to staff ratio. Great educational opourtunities at work and CEU Events Available outside of work

Cons

Management does not tell you your doing anything wrong until it is too late and don't get ill and have to miss work becasue even with a doctors note that is grounds for termination since you will fall behind in your duties. Very high turnover in all departments. I went through several department heads while I was there and people in my department came and went as well without notice. Watch your back.

Please inform all new hires of the high turnover and please work on management to peer communication as it really helps the teamwork process. Also if you are going to counsel someone tell them you are don't just assume they know that they know that already.

All of the Senior Management were great to work with but what happened at the end made me wonder who I should have trusted the entire time I was there. So as I said above watch your back.

No support, over worked and underpaid, not to mention patient neglect.

Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare

Pros

Work well with work schedule

Cons

understaffed
    "professional patients" seeking lawsuits in everything you do
    Kindred will not have your back in any situation

Respect your workers---this is a tough place to work and the people who work here do it for the love of the job and the care for the patients....you're making really tough to do this with lack of staff, and equipment. Every one of the employers are looking for a better job. Not hard to find a place with less work and better pay. I feel sorry for the patients who are unfortunate enough to end up in this facility. Not to mention the appearence. New paint last year-color?: GRAY. How would you like for this to be your home and it look like it does

There are newer employer reviews for Kindred Healthcare

Worked for Kindred Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!